What are some strategies that have HELPED YOU to quit smoking ? Im going to need all the advice I can get? -

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What are some strategies that have HELPED YOU to quit smoking ? Im going to need all the advice I can get? -


I used to smoke about 25 cigarettes daily, in the weekends even double.
One day I just told myself it-s too much and I thought about reducing them gradually, with the final purpose to quit smoking. I planed to smoke the first week no more than 15 cigarettes daily and reduce every week another 5 cigarettes/day.
This didn-t help me. I needed more than 15 cigarettes / day and some days I couldn-t abstain myself from smoking even more than I smoked usually.

What really helped me quit smoking was my decision to stop immediately. No more cigarettes, no more -reducing strategies-.
I remember it was Monday. The first days were awful and I expected to be this way. I slept a lot the first 2 days, my energy level was very low, I had headaches and I was only thinking a cigarette could make me feel better.
But no. I resisted the temptation and after first week things were straighten up. I must tell you that I still felt the desire to smoke months after I quit.
The temptation is big, so you need to have a good motivation.
Mine was -my health-, at which I didn-t thought too much in the past.
Good luck.
There-s no way around it. Smoking is bad for your health. Smoking harms nearly every organ of the body. Cigarette smoking causes 87 percent of lung cancer deaths. It is also responsible for many other cancers and health problems. These include lung disease, heart and blood vessel disease, stroke and cataracts. Women who smoke have a greater chance of certain pregnancy problems or having a baby die from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). The are many site www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-S…
I to am getting ready to kick the habit. People I have spoke with that have smoked 20 + years ,tell me chantax works. It helps by making the cravings go away and the cigarettes start tasting horrible. Everyone I know who has quit with chantax has success.Good luck to you.
well, i know chantix helped a lot of people that i know of. But i think you have to have the willpower to stop. goodluck.

i know you can do it.
I-ve never smoked, but I know a friend who quit using chocolate....lots and lots of chocolate (in particular, chocolate fingers because they are similar to the shape of a cigarette).
I Printed out those pictures of people who are suffering from various cigarette smoking diseases..
Nicotine patches
Do something else instead
Go to doctor and see what they Prescribe
What are some strategies that have HELPED YOU to quit smoking ? Im going to need all the advice I can get? -