What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Monday, October 24, 2011

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


Its not just the nicotine. Its also the other 50+ chemicals they out in cigarettes. Also the main problem is habit.
We have been used to having body sensations which we translate as -my body needs something, which we have attempted to satisfy by having a cigarette.
When we try to stop smoking, we still get these -my body needs something- sensations, and we still feel that we want a cigarette. We have to train our body to be more selective. When we feel we need something, we have to work out what it is that we actually need.
A glass of water is an excellent substitute if nothing else comes to mind, as it helps with the clearance of the toxic substances in our body. Another good substitute is a bag of salted peanuts, used in combination with the water.
Another thing to do is to find an activity which occupies the mind or body. Go swimming - nobody wants to smoke while they are swimming. Slowly, as our body adjusts and translates the -want something- feelings into something other than cigarettes, then the feelings begin to go away. We know its not a cigarette that the body really needs, because as soon as we-ve had one we still have the feeling, and want another!
Ijust quit cause I got sick of it and then my hubby quit right after both cold turkey. I still crave it though I just don-t buy them.
Everyone, I know who has made a sucess of it, has gone cold turkey on smoking. But not everyone can do that. If I knew this answer, I would get my husband to quit. Some people need help when it comes to quitting. They have over the counter gum, and if that doesn-t help, then see your doctor if you can-t quit on your own and you are serious. They can prescibe medication to help you stop.
Extinguish cigarette. Never light up another.
start drinking
What is the best way to quit smoking? -