I recently quit smoking and somewhere? -

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I recently quit smoking and somewhere? -


a long time ago I saw an article that has the time frame for how long it takes your body to get back to normal after quitting. If any one has this or knows a link to it, please help.
It-s here:
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/conten…


but you-ll have to scroll down a bit until you reach the section titled:

-When smokers quit -- What are the benefits over time?-

And Congratulations! It-s been just a bit over 2 years for me, and I can tell you I feel tons better than before.
Pft, probably forever. I quit back in September, I still get a craving here and there. I-ve gained a lot of weight (so did my mom and aunt when they quit - it sucks).

I think just mentally getting into a pattern without cigs is hard too. Going to work or school, waiting for the bus, getting coffee, going out, everything you used to do now has to change. It-s like altering a habit and it sucks, but over time you-ll learn to find other things to do in those situations.

Or you could do something else, like chew gum or eat a sucker (I bought a bag of Dum Dums when I quit so everytime I craved, I just had one of those)
Sorry - I don-t have a link but, I have heard that it takes about one week to get over the nicotine addiction. As for your lungs healing - I-ve heard they improve greatly within the first year but, it may take several years for them to heal completely. I would like to say, Congratulations!!
yeah, its about 4 days to get the nicotine out of your system, then your body will kick in and want it more. Cravings get worse but they-ll get better after that. There is light at the end of the tunnel!
Good Luck
you know how you have all that tar in your lungs
well if you start excersizing then that will help break up the tar even faster.
I found this sight that I think might help.
Not sure about a link. But i will tell you that it takes about a weak. Trust me. I know.
I recently quit smoking and somewhere? -