I want Quit smoking Plz helppppppppppppp? -

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I want Quit smoking Plz helppppppppppppp? -


I want quit my smoking habit,plz give the possible ways to quit my smoking habit,If once i quit my smoking is there is any changes i will get ?plz give a serious answer?
I quit smoking about 5 months ago. I started with the gum, but after about 3 days I had enough of it. Then I quit cold turkey. For about the first 3 weeks, I wanted to punch every living being in the face. I was very irritable. Then I started to calm down. After about 5 weeks, I started to forget about cigarettes (believe me, you-ll think of them constantly when you quit). It got easier and easier. However, don-t relapse if you get stressed. About a week ago, I started smoking again because I was so stressed. I am going to quit starting tomorrow, but it-s going to suck again. Just stick with it!!!!!!!
Studies have shown that these five steps will help you quit and quit for good. You have the best chances of quitting if you use them together.
1. Get ready.
2. Get support.
3. Learn new skills and behaviors.
4. Get medication and use it correctly.
5. Be prepared for relapse or difficult situations.
sources(s)
Public Health Service
I just quit smoking 3 weeks ago today. I had tried the gum and the patch and it just didn-t work for me. So I tried goig cold turkey this time and it worked. Now I will tell that the first couple of days are going to be hell. The cravings start to slow after the first couple of days though. I still want a cigarette, not for the nicotine but just the habit of it. I chew on gum and it seems to help. I feel alot better already I can take a deep breath and not cough and my sense of smell has gotten alot better also. The best advice I can give you is to just pick a day to quit smoke your last cigarette throw out all your lighters, ashtrays and cigarettes and just be strong and make it through those first couple days. You also really need to want to quit if you are going to. Good Luck
u should have though about it when u were enjoying it....its not that simple to just leave it..........but still i think if u really decide not to smoke u can stop it................gud luck
Get a new Habitat instead of smoking like drawing,painting
studying,be a vegan etc. do the healthy Habitat.
To quit smoking, you MUST have one thing, MENTAL TOUGHNESS, if you keep on finding yourself making excuses after like the third day to smoke.... don-t even bother, cause you won-t do it, you must be strong in your mind and control yourself, without that you have no chance, but if you do have that, just go cold turkey, but get your friends involved, they are your greatest help! If your friends really care about u, they will ALL they can! and with MENTAL TOUGHNESS you will have a good chance of losing that bad habit....
Try the patches and in seven years your lungs will be pink and healthy again. Within a month your sense of smell and taste will return. You can use whitening toothpaste to get your teeth white again. you and your clothes and your house won-t stink like an ashtray. Your heart and everyone around you that doesn-t smoke will thank you. Best of luck. You can do it.
try joining a support group. that always helps. and i would try nicoderm cq patch. its a good way to start. get rid of your cigs and stay away from stores that sell cigs.
There are several ways for you to quit but I will tell you that it-s hard to do. Most smokers end up smoking again. If I were you I would go to the doctors and get a prescription. I-ve heard they work better then the over the counter stuff. YOu can try the patch if you can-t afford to go to the doctors and they also have the gum but that stuff taste like crap. But if you find one that works stick with it.
My boyfriend and I quit last New Years. It wasn-t our resolution or anything. Long story short, he got a cold---couldn-t smoke for 3 days, figured -hell, I made it 3 days...might as well try and quit.- I, not wanting to tempt him, quit as well. No patches, no special gum, we just stopped buying the things!

Of course it was hard the 1st 2 weeks, but after that, we were used to it. I even had to bum a couple at work duringg those first weeks, but I would make a cig last me like 3 days. I made a promise that i just WOULD NOT BUY THEM ANYMORE.

Good Luck!! It is soooooooo worth it. You-ll see. You won-t miss those nasty things after a bit.
if you want to quit smoking, the only real way is to quit cold turkey.. if you dont have any you wont smoke .. the worst habbit is eating anything in sight... i quit smoking two weeks ago maybe even three now and i feel great .. i went on a diet at the same time so i can force myself to eat healthy
Dude, its all in your head. It-s a stupid *** habit to have, just drop it, i did.
I know a ton of people (myself included) that have quit by using the Nicoderm CQ patches along with Wellbutrin. It-s actually a depression medecine but it has been clinically proven to help quit smoking! You can get the lower dosage only the higher ones are for depression. If you don-t want to have to ask you doctor for a subscription you can even purchase it online now without one. Yes.. food tastes much better and things smell better!
I know three people who got the new prescription for Chantrix and are thrilled with the results. They all quit about 2 months ago and still doing great! Too soon to tell the long term results of course. Give it a try.
if you quit smoking suddenly of course you will experience a withdrawal effect. but quitting smoking is really your will to do or not. this has something to do with desensitization process and behavior therapy in psychology and psychologists in your area can help you. they have a lot of programs for rehabilitation for smoking. if you can-t afford, then meditate and condition yourself not to do it. otherwise, you will need a second and third party.
I want Quit smoking Plz helppppppppppppp? -