My friend quit smoking 5 months ago but he still has trouble breathing, is this normal and what should he do? -

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My friend quit smoking 5 months ago but he still has trouble breathing, is this normal and what should he do? -


No, you should actually get your normal breathing capacity back in less than a year (or close to it). Tell your friend to seek medical attention.
He may have the same problem I have. I quit a 25 year 2 pack a day habit. Now I have scar tissue in my lungs. My treatments are Advair, Albuterol, and Albuterol nebulizer treatments daily. I breathe alot better now. I-m just about off of my nebulizer and have cut down on my Albuterol emergency inhaler. Tell you friend to see a Pulmonary doctor as soon as he can. He-ll be breathing better sooner.
see a physician, immediately. don-t take any risks.
It isn-t normal. Your friend should see a physician right away. There is undoubtedly some condition that is causing this difficulty. It may be as simple as getting some exercise and it may be very serious (like cancer). But your friend needs to find out so treatment can begin as soon as possible.
Breathing should have improved sooner than 5 months. Sometimes you can still be coughing up mucous for 5-6 months as your body gets rid of all the -junk- that-s been stored in the lungs from prolonged smoking.

If he has trouble breathing, then something is seriously wrong- but quitting has helped the problem from getting worse.
My friend quit smoking 5 months ago but he still has trouble breathing, is this normal and what should he do? -