How did you quit smoking? -

Friday, December 14, 2012

How did you quit smoking? -


tell me your quit smoking stories, I need some tips. Thanks! :)
cold turkey, after the first couple of days its gets a lot easier. I didn-t smoke for long, only a couple of years on and off but have not had one in months. its just a will power thing.
smoker started at 14,I am 38 now and quit cold turkey last February due to several reasons. made breathing easier at my job and I am saving a lot of money by not doing it anymore!
I took the pill Chantix It went really good Every once in awhile I have to take a deep breath but then it is gone. No cravings at all while on it or after really. You do have to eat a meal or a good snack or you will get nausea. on the whole its the best thing to come along IMO.I also got really active and a lot of time on my hands so I took up yoga,to help with the sweet tooth also lol. I smoked for 40 years.
Smoking is more of a psychological addiction than a physical one. If you really want to quit you must discover the reasons why you smoke and then eliminate or change these thought processes. As soon as I dealt with my psychological reasons for smoking I quit, first time and more importantly for good.

In my opinion quitting smoking does not require any patches, gums, herbs or anything like that. These methods are expensive, time consuming and simply do not work. All that is required is a bit of motivation, self belief and determination. If you truly want to quit forever and have belief in your own abilities than you will quit.

Visit our site to join our inspirational 12 day e-course. You can also download our free book -36 Powerful Superfoods- to help fight weight gain and start mending damage caused by smoking.

Good Luck and Good Quitting
I smoke 1.5 pack for 13 years before I finally quit. I did it cold turkey...
I am not sure what methods have you tried before however i have one word of advice, just quit instead of trying to quit.

I know it sounds easier said than done. I have tried smoking lesser, -light- (only smoke more because I couldn-t get the kick out of them) but they didn-t work.
I also tried quitting a few time before I finally succeed.
I finally did it one day, 12 years ago and have stay smoke free ever since.
My wife asked me one question that day, -when are you going to quit-?. You keep saying you are but I have not seen you do anything about it. Guess that triggered me to take action and I quit there and then. I know it may sound amazing and others reading maybe skeptical ... anyway, that-s my story.

I quit before the days of the internet. Today, there are plenty of quit smoking help online today but I must say not one method is going to work for all. You need to find one that suits you.

Whatever it is, Don-t Give Up!!
Rope in your family and friends and tell them your quit smoking plan, having their support is important too.
How did you quit smoking? -