I quit smoking, is blood in nasal cavity normal? -

Sunday, December 2, 2012

I quit smoking, is blood in nasal cavity normal? -


I was a smoker for 9 years. I-m 22 now. It-s been a month since i-ve had a cigarette. I blew my nose and a string of blood came out. Is this normal?
Why do you think this is associated with smoking?

If it was attached to mucus, you should be fine.

However, if this continues to occur, you should see your doctor as you may have an infection or even lung cancer.
Nothing to worry about... just use some nasal saline to heal up the area that bled.
If you have recurrent bleeds that don-t clot, then youd have to see a doc. Otherwise, they-re just going to tell you to use the nasal saline and if that fails, stick some petroleum jelly on a qtip and dab a little in the side that bleeds.
I quit smoking, is blood in nasal cavity normal? -