Could a benzo help curb nicotine cravings when quitting smoking cold turkey? -

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Could a benzo help curb nicotine cravings when quitting smoking cold turkey? -


I just quit smoking cold turkey, and my cravings are pretty bad. Tonight i just took 2 mg clonazepam (the pills were prescribed to me anyway beforehand), in hopes of calming my mind down. Does anyone know if this will help?
It-s not going to help you with the nicotine cravings during the day. You need to try the nicotine gum, lozenge, or patch to help with the cravings.
Yeah, it should feed your dopamine and seratonin. I know some benzos are used to cure alcohol withdrawals, so they should help at least a little bit. The only danger with them, is the fact that they in themselves are quite addictive. Yet nicotine is one of the tougest things to come off from, I went through amphetamine withdrawals, and they weren-t as bad as nicotine withdrawals.
I would strongly recommend taking the patch. It helped me quit. Also they offer hypnosis if you are really serious about quitting. My father went through that. I don-t think the pills you are taking will help your addiction at all...sorry.
Could a benzo help curb nicotine cravings when quitting smoking cold turkey? -