I just quit smoking, and I have a question? -

Saturday, December 28, 2013

I just quit smoking, and I have a question? -


I just quit smoking using the cold turkey method, and so far, so good. I was wondering, however, why I-m so spaced out. I feel like I could go to sleep right now, sometimes I see stars, and I-m just dazed overall.

I-m not complaining, because I know there-s going to be some major physical changes. I-m just curious about what-s going on with this quit.

Thanks!
Tobacco is a stimulant, and depending how much you smoke and how you smoke it, it can be pretty strong. And addictive, tobacco is one of if not the hardest drug to give up. Going without the little push it gives you is noticeable for a while. Find some other stimulant, more coffee or strong tea.

I always noticed that while I felt sluggish and sleepy my now idle hands found ways to get me in trouble, shredding things, tapping things, etc. It takes weeks to get you body functioning normally and you have to make a conscious effort to shake you self awake and reach you smoker-s energy level.
Good for you. The nicoteen poisons in your body are what is making you feel bad and tired. Avoid drinking caffinated drinks as they will stimulate a desire for a smoke. Instead drink healthy water as it will help to cleanse out the poisons. Usually the most challenging time is the first three days after quitting. Keep up the good work and you will begin to feel better soon. And may God help you
Well, you are probably craving that nicotine and you will probably be a little spaced out for a little while. Remember to give it time because you just quit yesterday. Good luck and congrats on your succesful quit!
if you-re just quitting cold turkey, you-re body is in shock. Give it time before you-re not craving the nicotine anymore. The best thing is that you-ll be a healthier person.

good luck!
That-s natural. It can be really hard to focus for the first couple of weeks! But the symptoms will diminish with time, after reaching a peak 3-5 days out, when all the nicotine is out of your blood.
Good for you. This does seem a little much for only 24 hours off nicotine. How much were you smoking?
You are coming off of a very powerful and addictive drug. You-r doing just fine just stay with it.
It-s normal. You have to deal with it for a while.
I just quit smoking, and I have a question? -