Im thinking of trying hypnosis to quit smoking. Has anyone tried it? -

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Im thinking of trying hypnosis to quit smoking. Has anyone tried it? -


I-ve tried the patch, the gum, Zyban. I never find it hard to quit, but I always, always find it hard to stay quit.
I-d like to try something different, and I-ve heard that hypnosis can be good for people like me, who have trouble with maintaining nonsmoker status, for more long term help. Any thoughts?
Hypnosis let me quit smoking, give it a try. I left my cigarettes with the hypnotist, as he suggested. He gave me a word to think of when I felt the urge to smoke. I wrote the word down and posted it around my house and even on my PC at work. I was able to stop smoking that same day .
I guess I gave to much info ... Oh well short and simple seems to work ...


Report Abuse



my boyfriends mom tried it, and she said it made her want to smoke even more...lol, I guess it really does depend on the person

In addition:
My dad quit smoking about five years and ago, he used a combination of the nicotrol nasal spray and Zyban. It-s really expensive, but it works. He had been smoking since he was 15, he was 35 when he quit.
In 1993 I went to a group hypnosis with my son-in-law. I had no intentions of quitting, he wanted to quit and needed someone to go with him. I wound up quitting that very night and he didn-t.
I-m still smoke free!!
I am a Hypnotist and can tell you I have helped many people quit. However, a few words of caution.

Try to stay away from Group sessions, they are alot less successful then one on one sessions.

Second stay away from someone who wants to sell you a 6 (or more) session program. They are taking you for a ride.

Stay away from -guarantees- of success or money back. These are usually -hypnosis- factories based solely on getting in as many people in as possible on the hopes of a money back guarantee.

Make sure at the end of your sessions the hypnotist is going to give you a CD to help you through the -ruff- times if you have any. You don-t want to have to run back to him or her every time you hit a bump in the road.

And last, make sure you want to quit for the right reasons or it won-t work. You have to want to quit for yourself. Not because the Doctor told you you had to, or your wife/husband said you had to. The Hypnotist should ask you why you want to quit. If they don-t, look for another one. The reason they are asking is to guage if the hypnosis will work for you. A good hypnotist will actually turn you away if your motivation is not in the right place.

Good luck !
biend an x-smoker myself, i quit -cold turkey- about 5 years ago, but i had tried serveral times before. i guess i just made up my mind and did it. i had smoked for 10 years and was up to a carton a week.
hypnosis depends on people receives it. not all people can accepts that treatment. try like this, run far away if you spot some cigar,
Well, first of all why did you even want to smoke when you already know what smoking does to your body?

And yes, hypnosis will help but, it usually depends on smokers because your level of smoking is probably different from other smokers, so if I were you I-ll give hypnosis a shot and if it doesn-t work ask your doctor what-s best for you.

But, good luck about quitting of smoking. =D
Im thinking of trying hypnosis to quit smoking. Has anyone tried it? -