What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


I am trying on the patch but I am getting very strange dreams. With the patch I don-t have any cravings but I have to stop those as well.

For those that say Will Power is all you need are full of crap. Nicotine affects your brain and your body. If it was just about the mental aspects Will Power would be enough but it is also physical. Some people experience pain when quitting while their bodies adjust, that takes more than Will Power to deal with.

Mark Twain said, -Quitting smoking is easy. I-ve done it a thousand times.-

Positive attitude, supportive family and friends, a system (patch, gum, etc.) you will soon be smoke free. This is what I tell myself and I know I will be a healthy nonsmoker soon.

Good Luck!!
hi Michael ..

actually there is no -best- way to quit, if there was everyone would do it, and we wouldn-t ask the question..lol ok, many who try to quit smoking, may have to use multiple attempts, as possibly use different methods. myself it took me several attempts.. i have found a couple of things, in addition to -not quit quitting-, i found that in the end, a support group did for me what i couldn-t do alone... i found the advise of those who had already quit, as well as the fellowship of other new quitters, helped when nothing else worked..

today i have over 5 years clean time from tobacco.. because of my participation in nicotine anonymous... meetings are held in many areas, as well as voice meetings online!!!, you can Attend a meeting on your computer..

Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
Zyban worked for me, although there were some side affects (not everyone has them) such as insomnia, weird and freaky dreams and little or no patience for the first few days. After the first week though, all side affects disappeared.
Perhaps you can find some useful information in
http://www.quitnow.info.au
.
One way is to see a picture of the lungs
of smoker.
will power and if you dont have it then ur dumb
Wish I knew.
some say the patch
one 5 min. at a time !
What is the best way to quit smoking? -