Will I gain weight if I quit smoking but carefully watch what I eat? And if so, how much? -

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Will I gain weight if I quit smoking but carefully watch what I eat? And if so, how much? -


I have been smoking roughly a pack a day since I was fourteen.

(I-m nineteen now.)
No. If you watch what you eat you won-t. I quit and didn-t gain any weight by being careful.
Yes you will.
I quit smoking and I REDUCED what I ate plus exercised and still managed to put on pounds. It slows your metabolism and takes a long time to stabilize it again.
You can expect to initially gain a little but it should taper off and you-ll be able to lose it eventually.
But the good outweighs the bad. Either gain a few pounds you can eventually lose or smoke forever and end up dying a terrible hacking coughing death. Your choice. And good luck.
People who quit smoking might gain between 10 to 25 pounds of weight. I stopped smoking 4 months ago and I lost 5 pounds !. My doctor was surprised and asked me what I did. I told him I just watched what I ate, mainly avoiding chocolate :)
However, the main thing is to stop smoking, once you start breathing better and regaining your lung capacity ( you don-t think it has diminished until you stop smoking) you will feel more like walking, running or doing sports. These activities will control your weight more than dieting, because even if you weight more, it will be because you have built muscles, and you still will look thinner ( and what-s more important, healthier)
Take into account that it is going to be tough. I smoked for years, and I have quit at least three times before now. I have been up to five years without smoking and I would -fall- again. This time I used Chantix under my doctor recommendation, I only used it for about 12 days, and after that to smoke a cigarette was yucky ! unbelievable. Well. Now I don-t smoke, and when the idea crosses my mind...that repugnance comes back, what-s GREAT. Good luck and do your best effort. Don-t let the idea of gaining weight to stop you. Even if you are already overweight, there are many methods to help you to lose weight, if you continue smoking your organism is not going to be as strong as it should be, and what-s the purpose of being thin if you are not strong enough ?

There was a slogan many years ago in my country to help people to stop smoking and it said something like: -Things you can do with your mouth instead of smoking

Sing, kiss, whistle, chew gum, smile, talk, eat . etc-
Smoking has nothing to do with weight. There are like 4 things going on with this myth.
The act of putting things in your mouth, boredom or anxiety causing you to eat, replacing one addiction with another.


You will not put on weight if you do not start to eat more or move less. So don-t worry.
Pick up another habit like chewing gum.. That-s all smoking is really is a habit, and most people replace smoking with snacking. Instead of snacking, do something else. Chewing gum is probably the most popular habit, but you could pick up a small hobby even.. like knitting lol.. I know that sounds stupid.. but try to pick up something creative like drawing or painting. Or you could go for short walks. Try to find a task/habit that interests you to fill that part of your life.
if you are careful about what you eat, then no, you will not gain any weight. the weight gain people experience when quitting smoking is caused by the increase in food consumption. sort of replacing the habit.
You will gain weight no matter what you eat, its your body-s lack of nicoteen (i spelled it wrong but idc)
Will I gain weight if I quit smoking but carefully watch what I eat? And if so, how much? -