How long does it actually take before I will feel 100 percent normal after I quit smoking? -

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

How long does it actually take before I will feel 100 percent normal after I quit smoking? -


I have started working out really hardcore and I want to start running again, but I just quit 2 days ago and still feel severe pain in my chest. I know I need to give it awhile but how long can you predict?
It takes about a week to get rid of the addiction, 3-4 wks before you feel completely normal really. And it takes about month for every year you smoked to clear your lungs completely.
The good news is you will wonder why you *ever* liked it. The bad news is that after 12 yrs I still have an occasional craving - although they are usually brief and over with quickly.
Don-t get discouraged - that first month is definately the hardest, but it can be done. Chew cinnamon gum whenever you get a bad craving - it sort of changes your mind to associate a craving with cinnamon gum :)
I heard on one of the fat movies that it takes three days for you body to adjust to quitting smoking and a few weeks to get over it psychologically.
It-s all psychological. It-s in your head. The key is to forget about smoking and keep this message in your head: Quit or die.
With me, I felt lots better after about two weeks and after six weeks, I felt great. Stick with it and good luck!
How long does it actually take before I will feel 100 percent normal after I quit smoking? -