Medroxyprogesterone-if I quit smoking right before I take the first dose-will this lower risk of blood clots? -

Monday, June 6, 2016

Medroxyprogesterone-if I quit smoking right before I take the first dose-will this lower risk of blood clots? -


I have just been prescribed medroxyprogesterone to jump start ovulation since it has not happened for almost 4 months now.
I am not pregnant. I have taken many blood tests which showed up normal. (FSH,LH, Thyroid and Prolactin). I had an ultrasound and it was revealed to me that I have a cyst on my right ovary. I have not had a period for 4 months.
I am 25 yrs old and have been smoking on and off for around 6 years.
The warning for taking medroxyprogesterone is that in some occasions, serious side effects were blood clots (in the lungs as well as the legs, etc) and smokers have a higher risk of blood clots from taking this medicine.
I have been prescribed medroxyprogesterone 10mg to take 1 once a day for 10 days.
My question is:

If I quit smoking the day before I take my first pill and all the way throughout the treatment, which is 10 days long. Will it lower my risk of having a blood clot, or does the risk stay the same since I have already been smoking for 6 years?
Your not going to be able to stop in 1 day.
Medroxyprogesterone-if I quit smoking right before I take the first dose-will this lower risk of blood clots? -