I quit smoking five days ago with the nicotine patch. I am feeling grouchier than when I started! Any advice? -

Friday, October 21, 2016

I quit smoking five days ago with the nicotine patch. I am feeling grouchier than when I started! Any advice? -


I quit after 30 years and have been smoke free for six. It isn-t easy. I fell off the wagon twice and had to start all over. Don-t make the same mistake. Even one little puff will undo days of hard work and put you back to square one. You-re about halfway through the worst days of physical symptoms. Don-t give up. Fight for yourself. Get mad at the tobacco companies for selling you a powerfully addictive drug. Tell yourself you-re will is stronger than the tobacco. Get mad and go beat the tar out of a pillow if you need to. Deep breathing helps. Most cravings only last 5 minutes and they get shorter with time. Stay away from ashtrays and smokers. In about another 10-14 days, you-ll notice physical cravings becoming a little less. After 2 months, physical cravings are gone and it becomes a mental game. Mentally, you-ll catch yourself wanting a cigarette from time to time for the next 6-12 months. At that point you must look at cigarettes like rat poison. Like I said, just one will completely unleash the addiction mechanism in your brain and you-ll have to start over. Now, I can-t believe I ever smoked and the thought of trying one again is repulsive. Stick with it and in about a year, you-ll look back - say it-s the best thing you ever did.
It is understandable. Your going through withdrawl mental and physical.

I know alot of people that were able to stop with Zyband when the patch and gum didnt work. It hels with the mood issues.

GOOD LUCK and hang in there
Learn from: http://healthylifeday.com/quitsmoking

It-s Fast and Easy!
It-s Painless: No Withdrawals or Weight Gain
It Doesn-t Involve a Patch, Pill, Gum or Shots
It-s Highly Recommended by Medical Doctors
It Works...Almost Everyone Quits Smoking!
It-s Guaranteed!
Just remember that this will Pass! Much Luck to you and be sure to eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies. It helps for some reason(I know firsthand!!)
thats great! i think youre going through a form of ncotine withdrawl,you have to get over the initial stages of these crazy symptoms before you beging to feel better. again quitting is the best thing for you.congratulations on a job well done!
Yes, you might feel that way for a few more days. It will get better. You are changing a physical and mental habit and it is hard. Just being aware that you are grouchier than normal might make it possible to control the urge to snap at people.

Pat yourself on the back for making this change and give yourself little rewards occasionally. Good job!
stay with the not smoking.....it-s ok for you to be grouchy for a while, it will all be worth it....
Its normal.
Your body is adjusting to the loss of nicotine.
Unfortunately its like going through drug withdraw, just on a smaller scale.
I used welbutrine to quit after smoking for 10 years. Its a form of anti depressent, the side effect is it makes the cigarette taste horrible. I used it for about 3 days.
Its been 3 years now and I still miss it from time to time.
Your doing good just hang in there.
get over it. its part of the process.
I quit smoking five days ago with the nicotine patch. I am feeling grouchier than when I started! Any advice? -