What worked for you to quit smoking? -

Thursday, October 6, 2016

What worked for you to quit smoking? -


my dad lives with me and is having a corneal transplant so i have to quit smoking for his health. I personally enjoy smoking so it will be hard to quit since it isnt because i want to quit. what products have you used to help quit that didnt make you gain weight?
Umm, ultimately you-ll know when it-s time to quit. Your circumstance totally excludes you from smoking around him. So now you have to have boundaries of where it-s cool to smoke and where it-s not! i live in a drug/smoke free environment, it-s totally not cool for me to come home smelling like smoke. So i designate my smoking sessions that also includes cutting back on smoking. Never the less, less smoking isn-t bad for you; it-s good! after a while you-ll find that cutting back - smelling other peoples smoke when you are not smoking kind of will start to stink really bad! second hand smoke kills; right? so, you got an addictive personality or you don-t. Come January they will be almost $9.00 dollars a pack here in cali! i heard a lifer smoker say that she was gunna quit! That-s expensive! Habit-s can be, you feeling guilty for what-s happening is normal ;hope i gave you insight.
i done it when my wife was pregnant with our first child, i thuoght it was selfish of me to introduce a baby to a smokey enviroment.
so my motivation was someone elses welfare, every time i wanted a smoke i thought of my child.
i have not touched one since, my son is now ten years old.
ZYBAN!! I didn-t really wanna quit that bad, just as a fluke decided to give zyban a try n my doc said he had a lot of success w/it, so I figured, why not? You can continue to smoke normally as you take the pill every day, which takes off sum pressure, plus it is also an anti-depressant which helps w/the anxiety of quitting also increases intensity of orgasm in woman whoo hoo!

As for gaining weight thats up to you most people do a lil no matter what method they use but start working out u can breathe way better when you do and it will keep you feeling good mentally/physically too.

So I started taking the pills not expecting anything to happen and wow! I started to HATE it...it was a miracle! and previously I had loved to smoke, a pack a day for 10 years steady, even when sick. After the Zyban, I couldn-t even stand the smell or taste it disgusted me...that was over 7 years ago and I-ve never looked back. Do it its worth it !
kelp tablets, bee pollen with organic honey, raw carrots and sunflower seeds
also olive leaf extract counteracts the cleansing and withdrawals
My husband tried Wellbutrin to quit smoking, but he turned sub-human after a week, so I made him quit taking it. He became very depressed and was NOT himself. He couldn-t laugh or smile, and I am aware he wasn-t on it long enough to take full effect, but I couldn-t stand him that way for another minute, let alone another 3 weeks.
I quit by using Alan Carr-s Easyway to Quit Smoking, and I am no longer an addict. I still smoke an occasional cigarette, maybe once or twice a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. It-s not an issue for me anymore.
There are a lot of good ideas here, but I especially agree that it is will power. I-ve quit several times and for long periods of time...and usually not because I wanted to. You are stronger than the cigarettes, you just have to believe it and DO get rid of all the ashtrays. Now...for the feeling of needing something to do instead of smoking, I found it very helpful to carry around a little baggy full of frozen fruit, whenever I got the urge to smoke, I-d pop in a frozen peach or strawberry or grape and suck on that. You might also try drinking some -Sleepy Time Tea- or something else that is relaxing to you. You can do it!
i know its difficult.i am trying now to stop by cutting down.i think smoking is only a habit of holding something between you fingers.so i start playing with stroll.think how much you spend for cigarettes!spend the money for something else clothes or gum
Personally I just decided I didn-t want them any more and didn-t need the substance replacements. I decided my will was stronger than any addiction and thumb my nose at Phillip Morris. You just gotta make up your mind to do it and also get rid of everything that reminds you of smoking: Ashtrays, memorabilia, etc. I know it doesn-t sound like much help but it worked for me so I just thought I would share. Here-s to long life and good health. Good luck.
i did not start but just keep busy stay active also keep the drugs away from you if you buy them think about your dad do it for him good luck
Cold turkey! Best way to quit. I used Big Red gum as a substitute for smoking. Chewing on a plantain leaf will help quell the nicotine urge.
...jj
I am not religeous at all. But because I was so beaten down by smoking, and willing to try anything, i went on the suggestion of my friend. I got on my knees in the morning and night and asked whatever for help.(its a sign of submission, over something you can-t control, at the very least.) I have 5 1/2 months no smoking today!!! Good Luck, I feel better than ever! Just watch your diet, run and chew gum, no sugar or carbs after 6PM.
a prescription for Zyban...ask ur Dr.
I quit two and a half months ago...drink water. Everytime you feel the urge for one, just drink water. U may have to go the bathroom a little more frequently, but it works. Remember...the nicotine is outta u in like 48 hours, after that it-s all in ur head.
GOOD LUCK!
hypnosis
Let me get this straight you don-t want to quit for your dad-s health. You selfish ungrateful child. Think of all the things he gave up for you over the years, and you don-t want to give up a disgusting habit to help improve his quality of life. You make me sick, I hope cancer invades every fiber of your body.
Cancer
The Farmers Almanec
The patches helped me not have the cravings. Handling and chewing on a straw helped with the hand part. Oh, the fact that my husband has several blocked arteries in his body and has surgeries, all caused primarily by smoking. You are special to put you Dad first. Just tell yourself that you would never let a person control your life, why should you let a cigarette do it. Good luck!
What worked for you to quit smoking? -