How can I quit smoking without gaining weight? -

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

How can I quit smoking without gaining weight? -


ok, I am in the NAVY and I need to keep weight down. I run between 3 or 4 miles a day. I work out with weights and do alittle calisthenics (200 push ups , 100 inverted sit ups and etc.) But here is the issue, i researched and found out that your body burns 100 calories extra a day when smoking. How do I actually bypass that without gaining huge amounts of weight?
As a few other people said, 100 calories burned extra a day isn-t much. Especially because of all the exercise you-re doing already. I smoke as well, and when I stop I seem to eat about 500 calories more/day. I started chewing gum every time I had the urge for a cigarette, or for something to eat. This helped a lot, mostly because I wasn-t -really- hungry, I just wanted something for flavor, or to chew on. So, I-d recommend chewing gum. (It-s only 5 calories a piece normally, and there-s not many pieces in a pack, so you can easily go through one pack a day without worrying much. Plus, I dunno- if this is an old wives tale, but it burns calories chewing. :P)

And besides, if you-re in the navy, doing all of the running, push-ups, sit ups and all that, the last thing you should worry about is a few calories from gum. You could probably get away with eating 2,000 calories a day (depending on your height and weight, of course).
suck on many different low sugar or no sugar mints good LUCK SOMETIMES JUST HOLD THE CIGARETTE TO MY MOUTH UNLIT
Eat healthier. When I quit smoking as well, and I had to eat somthing to calm my nerves, it would be fresh fruits and veggies. Keep your hands busy, Drink plenty of water. It is a fact that people do gain some weight when they quit smoking, just watch your intake on junk foods, you don-t want food to be an emotional comfort for when you are quitting smoking...
Call 1-800-quitnow
It-s easy, just don-t replace your smoking with eating. Drink plenty of water and eat smaller amounts of food. I quit smoking two years ago and I only gained 5 pounds.
chew gum
I think the fact that you are already keeping calories at bay with your workout means your metabolism is already quite high, so I think that you do not have to worry about the 100 extra calories smoking burns.

I think weight gain for smokers trying to quit is more a concern for those who don-t exercise to begin with, and so they start to snack on unhealthy foods or whatever to try to get over the urge to smoke.

If you are concerned about the extra 100 calories, I would just up my fiber and water intake, and maybe add an extra half mile to your run to burn that 100 off and try to eat more veggies and fruits and wheat crackers, etc.
Smoking just suppresses the desire to eat, you should work on dieting for a while so that your body will get used to not eating as much as it usually does.
I don-t think you can. It-s best just to concentrate on controlling the amount of weight you put on. Make sure its not an excessive amount. Drink a lot of water.
The rest should just come from determination and willpower.
Good luck!
when u stop smoking u should work out a lot or do the sllimquit it helps u stay small and not over weight good luck
get rid of the poison nicotine and food some how tastes better thats why ya gain weight
less food and more excise
People just really think smoking has a lot to do with weight, but it really doesn-t. If you live a healthy lifestyle, like eat healthy, exercise, and just basically take care of yourself, then you shouldn-t have a problem keeping your weight down.

Substitute your smoking with healthy snacks...
100 extra calories burned with smoking really isnt a lot.
This fact depends of your body and your metabolism. but, you can go to your doctor to know what kind of medicine you can use.

You need to know that you need to combine the meidicne with the exercise and with a good eating plan. A person with an eating disorder, suffers a lot to quit smoking, due to the anxiety.

I know a medicine called Zyban, is excellent. You can controle the anxiety too with another meidicine, but you need to go to your doctor before begginig any treatment.

Visit this website if you want to have more information about it and if you want to make your questions online:


http://www.trustedsprescriptionsonline.c…

make sure you don-t eat instead of smoke..if you need something to do with your hands, eat low calorie foods ie. carrots, celery, licorice.
Hello Sir,
There is a product out there that will help you with that, the link to the site is at the bottom of this page.

My wife smoked for over 10 years and when she found out that she was preagnant with our now newborn 3 months old daughter, she had promised me that if I found a good solution for quitting, she will try her best to kick the habit.

Well in my spare time I started researching online for quit smoking programs, meanwhile she was trying out patches and gums that you can buy at grocery stores and adventually they would not work for her.

After about a week of researching I had stumbled over a website that really impressed me on what they had to offer and that they actually say that they can almost guarantee your success, and most importantly that you can try it out for free.

The company has been around for over 20 years now and they have helped over a million smokers quit since and their kit has everything that you possibly need to help you quit smoking, I thought WoW that is impressive.

I went ahead and ordered the free trial for my wife (only paid for shipping) and she has quit smoking in just two weeks and she doesn-t want to hear about or smell another cigarette again in her life :)

Now it is up to you, but since my wife has quit, I was so happy about her success, so much so that I had built a small review site of the product to also help other people quit, you can check it out at;
http://time2quitnow.com
if you want to find out more.
Thanks for reading my short story, I hope it helps, good luck and stay healthy.
How can I quit smoking without gaining weight? -