How did you quit smoking for good and how long have you been quit. EX_SMOKERS ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE? -

Thursday, August 3, 2017

How did you quit smoking for good and how long have you been quit. EX_SMOKERS ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE? -


I am trying to quit smoking and i am on my third day now without one and I was wanting other people that have quit to share their experience with me so maybe it will help me to stay quit because i have very bad urges but im not giving in to them.
First of all congrats to you on your new health life

I quit smoking 28 yrs ago - when I quit it was cold turkey
they did not have the niicotine patches back in those days
the most important thing in quitting is you HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT other wise it just is not going to happen
now I did gain weight - I know others who did too but hey once you quit the habit you can diet.....
so hang in there you can do it chew lots of gum, - try to carry something around in your hands to help keep them busy too..

good luck - keep us posted
Good on you! I quit smoking about 20 years ago and I realized that it was making me sick so I decided to simply quit. The first 24 hours are the hardest however, one reason I believe some people have difficulty in quiting is because they think that it will leave a void in their lives however this is not so. What actually happens is that as you go through the quiting stage, you begin to experience a feeling of well being which does away with any void. Just keep at it and you will feel better and better and after a couple of weeks the craving will be gone.
Good Luck!
Like the previous answerers, I quit cold turkey many years ago. I began smoking at age 16 and smoked cigarettes for about 10 years. I was employed in a fast paced, pressure job and smoked about a pack a day and lived on coffee. I began to experience terrible stomach pains and saw a doctor, after tests showed the beginning of a peptic ulcer, I was advised to slow down, stop the caffine and quit smoking. This was not easy because I worked in an office that was so smokefilled you saw grey! Well, from feeling so bad for so long...one day I just crumpled up my pack of Marlboros and tossed them. No, I-ll do it tomorrow, I just did it. Later, I did occassionally smoke a cigar with a friend, but never cigarettes. Eventually, I even refused cigars for fear it would rekindle my desire. No patches...just sheer will power! Do it for yourself and your family.
How did you quit smoking for good and how long have you been quit. EX_SMOKERS ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE? -