What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Friday, August 4, 2017

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


A friend of mine smokes, not heavily, but occasionally and wants to kick the habit, What are some of the most effective ways?
I quit last August using Chantix, it worked quite well for me. My situation was different, I was a pack a day smoker for over 10 years. I took Chantix for 2 months (they recommend 3). I did cheat once, I had a smoke back in Sept., but haven-t touched one since then.
I smoked for 5 yrs and quit cold turkey...almost a pack per day. I went to the dr and did a breathing test and my lungs were still good so I quit before doing any more damage to them. I also chewed gum and sunflower seeds...the hardest part for me was 2yrs later...I craved them like crazy...tried to smoke and got sick...haven-t touched one since...can-t even stand the smell...
Cold turkey and a nicotine patch.
Have your friend start working out consistently and eating right. Your friend-s diet and body will change and inducing more activities that is actually healthy for his/her body. When he gets in the momentum of working out / eating right, the thought of puffing a cigarette will sound uninviting.

This worked for my roommate who smoked like 2 packs a day, and now he-s buffer, more energitic and smoke free.

Good luck.
If the friend starts running,he/she might give up the habit of smoking after coughing and passing out. Just a thought.
Combination:

One time Group Hypnosis + Daily Hypnosis CD-s (relaxation tapes) + acupressure massages.
There is a new drug called Chantix that stops the craving in the brain. Went from 3 pk a day to being quit for 8 mo.
i think that nicotene gum i think tha t will work because you are chewing and that your mind off of smoking i know it is not easy or that patch thing
buy one of those smoking patches or buy cigarettes that are really gross and you wont smoke them so like after a week you wont want to smoke anymore
Hi,
I really empathise with you, I quit my 20 a day habit in a pain-free way this time last year!
No stress, no cravings, no weight gain, no pills, patches or gums.
The program I followed was recommended by a friend and now boasts a 90% success rate and is 100% fully guaranteed - can-t say fairer than that

All the best..
What is the best way to quit smoking? -