Ex Smokers only!!! How did you you quit smoking? -

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Ex Smokers only!!! How did you you quit smoking? -


please give me all the tips. How much trouble you had in your life. How much did you smoker. Do you still have craving. How is your life now being a non smoker.
I smoked around 4 or 5 pack of 30-s a week. I tried cold turkey, patches etc but found I was too moody and got upset very quickly so I would end up taking it back up. I went the to doctors 9 months ago and got -Champix- tablets. I had no side effects at all besides feeling a little nausea straight after taking the tablet occasionally. Within 14 days I-d given up smoking, simply because a) you don-t feel like a smoke because there-s nothing there to tell you to have it - b) the smoke had no effect at all - no taste, nothing. Right now (9 months on), it honestly feels like I never smoked before, I-ve never had a craving even after stopping the 12 week course of tablets. My understanding is that -Champix- is the only smoking aid that stops the cravings because it blocks that part of the brain that is asking for nicotine. I also live in a household with 4 other smokers and it hasn-t crossed my mind to pick up a smoke even in really stressful situations. The only time that is was difficult was over the Christmas period when I had a few days of drinking, because you kind of know that usually you-d be smoking, but that was a mental thing, not a craving need to actually have a smoke. Its brilliant.
i quit by looking at the amount of money i spent over the amount of time i had spent smoking and decided on a number of better things i could use it for. my quality of a life as a non-smoker hasnt really changed, but people have noticed. i rarely have cravings but i have a very strong bit of will power so i can get away from things easily.

i recommend that you shouldnt try to stop your addiction with a different one, find something about it that turns you off. if you can trick yourself into thinking its a negative thing you-ll never want to see it again
Cold turkey ... the only way. I was teaching a martial arts class. One day after an exhausting drill, my students regained their breath before me. When I walked out of the class I threw the cigarettes in the trash ... in front of the students. Anytime I had the craving ... I remembered the difficulty I had breathing and reminded myself of the struggle that lung cancer patient face. Yes .. my sister (a non smoker) lost that battle.
I tried all the medical options but none of them worked. After 15 years of smoking and many failed attempts it was tootsie pops that worked. I went through a box of 100. Everytime I wanted a smoke I had one of those. It gave me the same type of oral satisfaction as smoking. Unfortunately I ended up with 3 cavities on one side of my mouth but it was better than the thought of possibly getting cancer or lung disease. It-s been almost 8 years now and I am smoke free. I can-t even stand the smell of smoke now. You also have to treat it like alcoholism. Not even a drag ever again.
Good luck!
I quit cold turkey after college. I moved back in with my parents and knew my mother would drive me insane with her nagging if I smoked.
Of course when my brother moved back in she let him smoke. 20 years later he still does. I used to think he was the lucky one but he can-t quit.
just made up my mind went cold turkey took 1 day at a time. i smoke close to 5 pack a day the cost help took close to a year to get over the craving good luck feel a lot better
My late uncle quit by eating sunflower seeds. He used to get big bags of them. They made his tongue raw but it worked.
Ex Smokers only!!! How did you you quit smoking? -