What is the easy way to you to quit smoking, Ive tried everything except cold turkey!!!HELP? -

Thursday, January 9, 2020

What is the easy way to you to quit smoking, Ive tried everything except cold turkey!!!HELP? -


Cold turkey is the best way to quit but make preparations before your quit - keep a daily log for about a week of when you smoke, how much you smoke, and what makes you want a cigarette. Plan a quit day - then throw all your cigarettes, lighters, ashtrays, etc away. Then change your routine - if you tend to smoke after eating then take a walk instead, if you tend to smoke when you are driving your car (my car wouldn-t start until I lit a cigarette) then sing along with the radio. Plan ahead! Let everyone know you are quitting and have a buddy you can call when the urge to smoke hits so that they can take your mind off of it. When you do feel the urge to smoke just remember - the urge will pass whether you smoke or not (choose not to smoke). 20 minutes after you have stopped smoking your blood pressure decreases and your pulse rate drops, after 8 hours the carbon monoxide levels drop to normal and your oxygen level in your blood increases to normal, after 24 hours you chance of heart attack decreases, after 48 hours your ability to smell and taste improves, etc.
Cold Turkey.
I just quit, and I think I was ready, I had gone a few days without smoking because I was on a trip with my family (who didn-t know) and I just decided to test myself and kept going. Then after about two weeks I actually made the conscious decision to quit. Before that it was just me telling myself -I-ll quit after this pack- or -Today is my last day of smoking- I never actually succeeded until I was ready. That-s the real key.
If you-ve tried everything but cold turkey then the answer should be obvious to you. Just DON-T smoke...?
to start you have to want to quit.....cold turkey is the best way...i did it...don-t wait until it is a have to situation.....
You answered your own question and you will only gain weight if you replace your cigarettes with food, its your tendency or need to create a habit to compensate for a lack of something you need, replacing something you are lacking that is the problem, perhaps it is peace with yourself that you lack.
How I quit smoking.

This was actually much harder than I thought it would be. Here’s what I did that helped me quit.

1. slowed down slowly – I counted how many cigs I smoked in a day on average, then took one away every week.

2. smell that smell – One of the reasons I wanted to quit is because everything I owned smelled like old cigs. So whenever I finished a cig I would smell my hands and remind myself how much I dislike stale cig smell.

3. busy bee – I used to smoke when I was bored. In order to stop that I made hemp necklaces and beaded stuff. It kept my hands busy and helped my think of the pattern I was working on rather then my next smoke.

4. count the money – When I smoked, my brand was $2.50 a box on sale. I couldn’t afford my habit, so I wanted to quit. I took the $ I would have spent on cigs and went to lunch twice a week, I even bought a new shirt at the end of the month with the $ I saved.
There is this product it-s called smoke free that you have to smell wich makes the next cigarette you smoke taste awful, you can find it at your local pharmacy or online I don-t remember where I bought it for my grandad but it worked wonders!
I f you can-t find it in your location then you could go here:
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/news/QuitSmok…

and no you will lose more weight when you quit smoking.
Goodluck!
well we thought my mama wouldn-t stop smoking and she had been smoking all her life.Well she went to rehab classes everyday now going on 2 months she haven-t smoke since then.I mean it-s a reason why everyone who smoke smoke.Either need someone to talk to,stress,depress,etc.just something they want to relieve off they chest and don-t know how to so they smoke to calm their self down or to keep their mind off the something they are going through.but try to talk to someone who is willing to listen to your problems or try counseling better yet try rehab and see if it fits you.
COLD TURKEY!!! u have 2 do it is the best way...but the first three days will b rlly hard and after that u wont even notic anymore so just get thro the first 3 datys and ur good, good luck
watch someone die of lung cancer
Please let me know if you find out
thanks
Good for you for trying. The patch will help. Have you tried it?

Here are some other resources


http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/how2quit.htm

use a patch if u did JUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THERE IS NO EASY WAY TO QUIT SMOKING
IM VERY SORRY
BUT ITS TRUE
TRY ALOT OF HARD CANDY
BUT IT WON-T WORK LONG
SMILE
What is the easy way to you to quit smoking, Ive tried everything except cold turkey!!!HELP? -