For those of you you have SUCCESSFULLY quit smoking.......?? -

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

For those of you you have SUCCESSFULLY quit smoking.......?? -


..... ..... Or if you are going to quit any time soo..... how did you or how will you quit smoking?

I-m looking for the best possible solution, yeah I know cold turkey could work but I don-t want to gain weight and don-t want to accidentally kill someone!

Thanks!
I quit smoking 3 months 1 week 3 hours and 20 minutes ago. (No, I-m not that bent out of shape about it, silkquit has a program that keeps track for you.)

I ordered a book called -The easy way to quit smoking-. It was right after I read a newspaper article about this guy Allen Carr who had just died from lung cancer. The interesting thing was he quit 20 years ago after being a FIVE PACK A DAY smoker. Then he wrote these books and had all these seminars that helped millions of people. It was so sad that something he did 20 years ago, killed him now.

Anyway, after being inspired by the newspaper article, I ordered his book. And then, I found out I was pregnant the day the book arrived. So I read the book in one day and it really seemed to help me quit. Give the book a shot. What do you have to lose?
Oh, believe me.....if you kill someone while quitting smoking....it won-t be an ACCIDENT!

LOL
I smoked for 18 years. I quit for good 15 years ago. I-m not going to fool you. It was The hardest Thing I ever did.

I -quit- many times times. The one thing that made each attempt unsuccessful was that I fooled myself into thinking that I could have just ONE. That was my downfall every time.

When I quit for good 15 years ago I finally realized that I could not have ONE. NOT EVEN ONE DRAG. I-ve been smoke free for 15 years (Not even one drag!).

I bought peppermint candies by the 5lb sack. Every morning I filled my pockets with candy. Whenever I needed a smoke, I had a peppermint instead. It worked and let me tell you ... quiting peppermints is a hell of a lot easier than quitting smoking. At first, i celebrated every smoke free day...then every smoke free week...smoke free month...Now I remember every Jan 9th... because my last drag was 8:30am Jan9th 1992.

Of course, you don-t need to use peppermint candies. I-m just telling you what I used. Use anything that will help (... within reason...having a beer instead of a cigarette is probably not a good idea). To help avoid gaining weight, drink lots of ice cold water. Your body has to heat the water to body temperature, so that burns calories.

Buy yourself rewards as you save the money. and remember.... You only have to stay away from ONE.


All the best....
first of all you have to quit smoking for yourself, doing it for anyone else wont give you the motivation. reward yourself with the money you-ve saved on cigarettes, buy yourself something nice. there is no easy way to do it, you will very likely lose weight as cigarettes are an appetite suppressant. another reason? around 440,000 people die from smoking each year. you could be one of them
Im also trying to quit. I have tried the patch (it gave me weird dreams), tried cold turkey (that didnt work) tried smoke away ( made me throw up), so now I am taking the advice of a doc and slowly cutting back. Plus she said that if I take the money I usually spend on smokes and put it up for 1 year I will have some motovation to keep from smoking b/c after that year I should take the money and spend it on something for myself. Good Luck, this is a hard thing to go through.
The patch is the way to go.
I carried a small film cannister of baking soda with me and when I just had to have a smoke, I first put a small pinch of baking soda under my tongue. I smoked as many as I wanted and didn-t try to stop myself, but I was rigid in doing the baking soda every single time. I took me about 2.5 weeks of this before I started changing my mind just as soon as I thought I might want one. Within a month I had just stopped altogether. That was in 1984 and I-m still an ex-smoker.
Here-s a good tips.
Set a date line when you want to stop.
Take it slowly. Reduce it day by day.
Tell your friends and family that you wanna quit so they dont offer you cigarette.
Chew mint chewing gum when you feel like smoking.
When you have stop smoking dont ever take onther puff.
i was lucky - i got the flu so bad that when i lit a cigarette, it tasted horrible and made me nauseous.

so - at that point, i threw all the smokes/lighters/ ashtrays out and never smoked again.

i smoked from age 17 - age 34, and quit over 3 years ago.

i honestly think that the one essential thing is that you really, really have to want to quit smoking. you will when you-re ready
For those of you you have SUCCESSFULLY quit smoking.......?? -