Whats your best tip to help quit smoking? -

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Whats your best tip to help quit smoking? -


I haven-t tried yet because I don-t want to fail at it. I wonder if I can do this.
I-ve seen a number of studies that suggest that one of the most effective ways to quit is using nicotine replacement therapies, like the patch or inhaler. Those devices can help you quit in stages instead of all at once, because you not only need to get off the nicotine, but you also need to break the physical habit of smoking as well (lighting and holding the cigarette, which in and of itself can be sort of an addictive thing to do). So, the patch gives you a steady flow of nicotine, which allows you to focus on breaking the habit of actually SMOKING. And then you-ll go down in dosage on the patch to ween yourself off the nicotine itself. The hope would be that after the therapy is over, you are pretty well broken of the habit (though most people still have to fight cravings for a long time down the line, so get ready for a battle -- it-s one you CAN win, though!).

You can buy nicotine patches at most drug stores these days, and that-s where I-d recommend you start. If you give that a try and still can-t seem to quit, definitely make an appointment to see your doctor, though. There are some prescription drugs you can take to help you quit now (bupropion, e.g.), and you can also try things like acupuncture, meditation, and stress-reduction therapies to help you quit as well. Stress reduction techniques are going to really help you stay OFF the cigs once you-ve -quit,- and so will getting plenty of exercise and focusing on eating a healthy diet and living a healthy lifestyle.

Good for you for wanting to give it a try! I wish you tons of luck with it!
you havent tried so you wont fail? okkk...will power
This worked like a miracle for me:

Give yourself 2 days of smoking cigarettes deliberately when you don-t actually want them or are not in the mood. What that did for me was to put me in charge instead of the cigarettes.

It was still daylight the 2nd day when I was so anxious to throw them out that I did it and went to bed early.

After that, remember that any time you crave a cigarette, that craving only lasts about 60 seconds and then it passes. Take deep breaths.

Whenever you-re ready, whenever you take that step -- GOOD LUCK!!!
If yo don-t take that first one and put it off a few hours, (set a deadline before you can have it) then your morning craving will subside. Do this for each cigarette you plan to have, and next thing you know you-ve cut back for the day, That encourages you to do the same the next day and the next, etc. Good luck.
I quit cold turkey. It was awful. But the thing that made it work for me was the certainty that I HAD quit, not the uncertainty that I was trying to quit. The mental part is the most important.
I quit a year ago... 10 year smoker. The easiest thing for me was, I had a partner, I stayed away from other smokers/ the bar. I didnt really drink either during that time. It was hard and some times I would slip up and smoke a cig. Dont be too hard on yourself, if you find yourself smoking a cigarette try not too finish it, butt it out as so as you get relief. And continue to try and quit... evenually you will wean yourself off the cigs and the cravings wont be as bad... also go to the Bodies exhibit if your close to NYC or Vegas.. and see what smokers lungs really look like... guaranteed the image will haunt you.
Hi! Recently my mom and dad JUST quit!! My mom hasn-t smoked in three months, and she-s been smoking for over 20 years. There-s a pill called chantax, or something like that. If you ask your doctor, he-ll give you more information, of course. But i mean my parents have tried everything: free-will, hypnotise, gum, patch... and this works, honestly. With they-re health insurance, she got 100 dollars off, so she ended up paying about 50 bucks for a prescrip. I hope this helps, but one thing is...to quit you must really want to! You can-t do it for your friends or family, you must really want to quit! So good luck on kicking your bad habit! And please talk to your doctor, incase you might not be able to take it due to any issues. But GOOD LUCK!!
Understanding why you need to quit smoking helps in giving you the will power to persist in your efforts. Read this article here
http://www.healthandwellnesscentral.com/…


There are many suggestions put forth by various people. You can view some of the possible suggestions here on how to quit smoking
http://www.healthandwellnesscentral.com/…


Personally, I think it depends on how much you desire having a smoke free life. No amount of acupuncture or nicotine patches, etc will help if you are not determined. These treatments are just tools to help you achieve your goals and to help you reduce withdrawal symptoms.
You will find many good tips in a Yahoo search for -how to quit smoking-.
tell yourself to stop. or patches for arms best way is mentally tell urself you just dont need? gl :D
Whats your best tip to help quit smoking? -