Why does it seem like my lung function has gotten worse since i quit smoking? -

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Why does it seem like my lung function has gotten worse since i quit smoking? -


I quit smoking about 2 months ago, and while at times my breathing is easier, a lot of the time i feel like I-m a step away from wheezing, and i have trouble taking in a breath. Anyone have any idea what this could be or have a similar experience?
It was probably always like that, but you didn-t notice because you were in denial.
And in only 2 months, you-re still hacking up gunk.
well ive never smoked in my life but thats cuz ive researched alot about it......u might thinks its worst because when u stop smoking all the bad things uve inhaled from a ciggarette stop building up and then u start coughing more and more because u want to get rid of all the nasty stuff in your lungs ..thats why people who smoke have black lungs
because smoking dilates the bronchioles in the lungs. Thats why when you smoke, you feel like your breathing ok.

Your lungs have build up plaque and tar, and you have damaged the surfactant holding your aveoli (air sacs in the lungs) open. Your body is in repair mode, and your feeling the negative affects smoking had on your lungs.
some people have really good answers, i just recently quit smoking too and feel that i am in the exact position as you.
i reckon it doesnt neccessarily mean a physical condition but it can also be a psychological situation as in maybe developing hypochondria since you quit smoking being scared that something bad has or is happening. I think i may have the same problem.

and the second thing is that you are probably detoxing after quitting smoking, this is an occurance that happens to people after quitting though not everyone who quits.

so take care wish you all the best.
Hi, I quit three months ago and am doing the same thing you are. I think its nerves myself, this is a very hard habit to quit. I have not coughed up anything to speak of, although I dont cough anymore from irritation, and I do like the extra money and the freedom of quitting. I wish you the best and must say GOOD FOR YOU
Why does it seem like my lung function has gotten worse since i quit smoking? -