How did you quit smoking? -

Saturday, February 8, 2020

How did you quit smoking? -


For those of you who have successfully quit smoking, how did you do it? Gum? Patch? Hypnotism? Cold Turkey? etc etc etc. My boy is finally serious about trying to quit, so I want to help him as much as possible, all input is welcome!
I used Chantix and it was great. My quit date is 10/08/07. I tried quiting with the patch, gum, cold turkey... just about everything. This was by FAR the easiest. The only side effects I had from it was dry mouth and very vivid dreams. A co-worker of mine had extreme nausia.
I never smoke and think it-s disguisting. I don-t date girls who smoke either, and that-s how I get a lot of them to quit.
to tell the truth the best way is unfortunatley just to stop smoking all together as patches( or other nicotine things) just mean you are still dependent on nicotine.
Try to get more information regarding some ways to stop smoking at my profile.
Its not gonna be easy. I have been trying to quit for 3 years! Cold turkey is the only way possible. I have tried everything else and nothing works. The whole 1 a day thing doesnt work, because then its two a day and youll never quit. tell him if he wants to quit, throw the smokes out the window and buy a good pack of gum. let me know how it works. :)
I watched my Mom(best friend) go from a vibrant, full of life woman to a no hair, 90lb lifeless shell. She was diagnosed in April of 98 and died Feb 99. She was only 51. My Mom and I quit a few months before she found out she had cancer. Go figure, huh? I dont recommend getting cancer to help you quit, but my brother used the gum and it has worked for him. And my Mom and I had quit cold turkey. I havent had a smoke in over 10 years now!!
I quit about two weeks ago cold turkey after reading this book: -Allen Carr-s Easy Way To Stop Smoking-. The book explains how to effectively deal with the psychological side of the addiction, making the physical withdrawal much more manageable. I highly recommend it.
How did you quit smoking? -