Did you find you try to create drama when youre trying to quit smoking to give yourself an excuse to indulge? -

Sunday, January 9, 2005

Did you find you try to create drama when youre trying to quit smoking to give yourself an excuse to indulge? -


No. When I quit smoking I was too busy plotting on ways to steal a cigarette from my fiance. It was bad, but I tell you what. The first day was pure hell, the second day was okay, and after that some days I really want one but most I don-t even think about it. What I did was I weaned myself off. I-ve tried quitting cold turkey and absolutely couldn-t do it. I also tried the patch, that didn-t work either. So what I did was I went from one pack a day to half a pack for about a week. Then down to 5 cigarettes a day for about 2 weeks. Then I went to 4 for a week, then 3 for two weeks. Then when the rest of that pack was gone I quit (there was about a half a pack left). By the time I was on the last pack I was ready mentally and all I had to get over was the physical craving. Just remember that until you stop for good (no cheating) then you haven-t stopped. That really helped me out. I loved smoking, really loved it. And drinking, a lot. I quit doing both and it was damned hard but worth it. Good luck.
Did you find you try to create drama when youre trying to quit smoking to give yourself an excuse to indulge? -