I quit smoking to take the pill is it wrong to ask my boyfriend to do the same? -

Saturday, January 1, 2005

I quit smoking to take the pill is it wrong to ask my boyfriend to do the same? -


I quit smoking to start the birth control pill and it bothers me that my boyfriend still goes out to coffee and smokes with his friends, he hardly does it at all but it really bothers me is it wrong to ask him to quit? It-s a discusting habit and I really don-t think anyone should do it-I want him to be healthy and it-s hard for me to not smoke when he does.
Quitting smoking is extremely hard to do. Congrats on your quitting. However, you could ask him to quit but I wouldn-t force the issue on him. Smoking is an addiction - it-s ulimately up to him on whether he wants to quit or not. Since he-s been a smoker while you two are together, it-s not anything new. Hopefully he will decide to quit - offer him lots of support!
he should be cool about it, i mean its not like giving up collage its giving up something gross and descustion!
Its insensitive that he still smokes. He should be supporting you, not enabling you. At the very least, he should do it when he-s not around you.
if you quit smoking ,thats great,but did he ask you to?if yes then its not wrong to expect that he should?however it is not an easy thing to do,its a personal choice that many people need help with .as for the coffee shop etc.those are totally different issues!
There is nothing wrong with asking him to think about it just don-t DEMAND. It-s a hard thing to do as you know.
if he hardly does it then he should have no problem quitting or giving up.
say exactly what you just did here to him. its hard to stop when he is smoking. Its not wrong at all but if he cant dont throw it in his face. I have tride quiting alot and nothing ever works but thats me.
First, congrats on your quitting. About your boyfriend.... Its not wrong to want him to quit and to talk to him about it. He may be willing to knowing he has your support. However, be prepared that it may take a couple tries. His willpower to quit may not be as strong as yours.
This seems like a strange mental concoction: You say it-s a disgusting habit, but you want to smoke if he does. You don-t like him to go out for coffee with his friends. You-re concerned about his health. Also your justification for quitting is not exactly appropriate. It sounds to me like you want to control your boyfriend-s life.

Here-s what I gleaned from a campus health service in NC:

-Smoking - 10 cigarettes per day after the age of 35 and OCP use increases the risk of several serious conditions including blood clots, stroke, heart attack, and high blood pressure. The pill has been found to be relatively safe for older women provided they do not smoke.-

You don-t strike me as a person in the over 35 category, so I think you could have an occasional smoke with your boyfriend and not worry. If that sounds too disgusting, let him have his occasional coffee smoke, otherwise he might be onto you.
It is nothing wrong with you asking him to quit smoking you have the right see him in better health cause it will help you and him in the long run do it now then later its much better go for it and good luck girl.
Well u could let him know that you are concern for his health as well and looking at a long run, a healthier him is better than lung or liver or any kind of cancer.

But u can-t tell him to do so as u are too, jusst let him knw tt u are concern, let him do the thinking and make his decision.
Admirable that you want to be healthy and him to do the same, but do you really want him on the pill?
I quit smoking to take the pill is it wrong to ask my boyfriend to do the same? -