Why dont I want to quit smoking? -

Sunday, January 9, 2005

Why dont I want to quit smoking? -


I want to want to quit smoking. I just ..don-t want to stop smoking? I know how contradictory that is. I want to just want to stop, but I just don-t right now!
It-s ridiculously expensive over time, and I know it will kill me. It-s unattractive and stinky and will stain my teeth. So why don-t I want to quit? Besides what I know, is there any way I can make myself actually want to quit?
Wow, James is pretty ignorant when he says that their hasn-t been any scientific research regarding a relation between smoking and lung cancer. Of course their has! There-s tons supporting that connection, and if you just thought for a moment, it is obviously right. Inhaling any kind of smoke is bad for your lungs, especially over a long period of time.

Why are some people saying that you have to hit rock bottom? That shouldn-t be the case. You obviously want to quit, so you have the -will- to quit.

It sounds like you haven-t had a go at attempting to quit. You can-t decide that it-s going to be hard for you before you even try. Have a go! There-s nothing to lose. You could try some patches or nicotine gum. The addiction part comes from nicotine, but I would think the horrible part of cigarettes is the actual smoke. So you are still getting your addiction fulfilled.

Good luck!
If you don-t have the true will to stop, you won-t. You can buy patches and gum, but if you don-t have that will to quit, they are useless. I smoke and I enjoy smoking. What I do is I control the cigarettes, they don-t control me. The Bible says do everything in moderation, which simply means don-t over indulge. Ten cigarettes is no worse for you than ten beers or ten shots of whiskey, or ten sugary products through out the day. If you don-t want to stop, then control them. There is no laboratory results that prove that smoking causes lung cancer. Ask a hair stylist if they know anyone who has asthma or always coughing. They will tell you most likely yes. Isn-t any of them that smoke, it-s the hair spray they constantly breathe. In Hints of Heloise, a woman couldn-t remember the cleaner she recommended for getting the build up of hair spray off her counter top in the bathroom. If it builds up there, where else would it build up, you are right, the lungs. Women should use a Doctors mask when spraying their hair with hair spray. Wishing you the very best young lady and good luck on accomplishing your goals.
I recommend the book, -Changing for Good.- It is a self-help program based on sound scientific research into how people change themselves. The program has been used to increase the percentage of people who successfully quit smoking and lose weight, among other things.

According to this program, you are in the -Precontemplation- stage. The book tells you what all six stages are and gives several techniques at each stage to help you move yourself to the next stage.

Here is a page that describes it briefly:

http://personaldevelopment.suite101.com/…


And here is the book at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Changing-Good-Revo…

The only way is to hit bottom. When I quit I was smoking two at a time and not knowing it and I was craving one when I was smoking one. I hated it when some one would say lets go to so and so-s house and I would have to see if I had enough sigs to do that.........On day I just stopped and never looked back..........good luck
Because it-s addictive! Talk to your doctor and try going on the patch and/or try chewing that nicorette gum. Don-t just automatically stop smoking, cut back on them.. and then that will lead to not smoking at all.
Smoke so much that you can-t afford it anymore so then you become really addicted and poor so that you have to quit.
but a thing on your hand saying like sad stuff and make like your sis or mum or something break it and it would be fun and ea t like junk food instead
It seem like its not your time now BUT it can be YOUR time.
Why dont I want to quit smoking? -