How do I Quit smoking ???I am 47 yrs male,overweight,started smoking due to clinical depression when i was 18. -

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

How do I Quit smoking ???I am 47 yrs male,overweight,started smoking due to clinical depression when i was 18. -


Now I am sufferring from Unpredictible Angina, and the cardiologist has asked me to quit smoking which I CANNOT as i am still taking ant depressants from my psychiatrist.I also have hypertension and i am on heavy medication from all this including slip disc which gives me pain in my legs and I cannot walk to exversice 4 more than 20 minnutes.
Can some one save my soul ???? .........Rajiv .S
29 years!
It is really a hard work.
I was a smoker for 25 years and I had quit smoking for over six times ,but never really quit smoking before.Just after I read that quit smoking program, I realized how easy quitting smoking was.I am a non-smoker now! I highly recommend this program to you.It really works.You can check out
http://quit-smoking-in-3-hours.info

Good luck!
Ask God to give you the desire to quit.
Nothing will work until YOU make up your mind that you have smoked your last cigarette. I tried many times but I was always bumming a cigarette. Then thru the grace of God I made up my mind. I still like to smell fresh smoke but have no desire for one after 6 yrs. I did gain weight but I am working on that as a separate situation. Pray. Don-t look for an excuse to smoke. Eliminate them from your sight. I have all your ailments, too. Good Luck
A friend of mine tried laser and it worked !!! He went into the laser procedure, 100% convinced that it would NOT work, but it did. He was a heavy smoker - almost 2 packs a day. Also, I-ve heard that the new drug Chantix is the latest and best method to quit smoking. Good luck !!!
I dont think there is a big deal with quitting smoking cos ur taking antidepressants... the good outweighs any bad. And I-ve never heard of it being an issue. Has your psychiatrist seriously told you to continue smoking?!?!
Stop making excuses.

And make sure you eat low calorie fruit and vegetables and whole grains.
I started smoking when 17. Within a month I was smoking 150 to 200 unfiltered cigarettes a day. Did this for ten years.

Yet quit it one evening in 1967 and never smoked again.

Fear was the key. Nothing else worked till then.
How do I Quit smoking ???I am 47 yrs male,overweight,started smoking due to clinical depression when i was 18. -