Who wears the patch to quit smoking? -

Saturday, August 6, 2005

Who wears the patch to quit smoking? -


I just started the patch. Did you smoke while wearing it? Is there anything I should know? It itches and feels hot.
I quit smoking over ten years ago and I use the patch to help me out. You need to look at the patch as a tool and not a crutch. That is the most important point. You have to be all in to quit and be dedicated to making yourself a person who does not smoke.
I did have burning and itching each time I put a new patch on and what I would do is smack it. It would kinda help get rid of the burning and itching sensation. The burning and itching would usually go away within an hour of putting it on - and when you get to the lower dose patches it does not happen as badly. (It is the nicotine entering your skin/blood)
Absolutley DO NOT smoke when you have the patch on! It will make you want to vomit from every opening in your body. Seriously, it will make you ILL.
u must not smoke while wearing the patch
I have the patch now. I started with 21mg and I have the 14mg now....and 7mg to end the process. Yes I experience the hot and itching. I do NOT smoke anymore, but yes you can wear the patch and smoke. I do not recommend it though. Just quit all together is the best thing. I know how you feel though, it sucks but it will save your life in the long run. Good luck to you in your venture.
Watch for redness around the patch...I tired using it too, and had the burning and itching, came to find out I was having an allergic reaction to it. So, instead I tried the gum, which was too much of a hassle, then I got a smooth river rock (my worry stone) and kept it in my pocket and every time I felt like smoking I would rub the rock...stupid maybe but, it got me through the cravings...I stayed off six months (longer than ever before without being pregnant) before I gave into a craving..hoping to try again soon....It-s not easy, but you can do it Good Luck!

By the way if you smoke while wearing the patch you can have a nicotine overdose and become sick...
I am not really sure, i know you are NOT supposed to smoke while you have that patch on. I used to smoke, my best adivice os to just go cold turkey, forget all these patches, and gums.............just have the self power and stop!!
I-m 24 and was 20 a day for about 9 years. I quit in the middle of January, and am still going strong. I used the patches for 4 days, to take the edge off the cravings, then gave them up, I think they are mainly just a placebo. 2 months down I-m still getting the cravings, but there not so bad. If your thinking of quitting be prepared to maybe put on a few pounds - nothing too severe, but good luck, you will totally feel the benefits if you can keep it up for a month or so
All the Best.
Who wears the patch to quit smoking? -