Have you quit smoking lately? -

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Have you quit smoking lately? -


My mom has quit smoking and it-s been about a month since she-s had a cigarette! Yay! I-m very proud of her. The thing is,she can-t sleep at night. She tries and tries but cannot get a full night-s sleep adn doesn-tn fall asleep until about 5 or 6am. And then she has to go to work at 7:30.

Have any of y-all had this experience and is there anythign that helped? Except cigarettes of course...

She-s tried sleeping pills but they make her nauseous, Tylenol PM doens-t work either...

PLEASE HELP!
Thanks!
Time.
It-ll take a few months.
In the meantime she could try Zyban.
I personally do not smoke, but have had friends and relatives quit. If it-s only been a month since quitting, she may be going through nicotine withdrawal. It will last for some time but eventually will go away. I would advise her to see her doctor and see if he can help her, so that she will not go back to smoking again. Best luck to you and your mom, stay strong.
Well I-m 27 and my mom quit when I was 12 and she just had to change everything..... She wakes up at 6 and goes to bed like 1 in the morning.... Its just a LIFE altering Change....
I have really cut down since this new Library has 10 computers and no time limit like the one in town so I can sit here for 4-5
hours and not have a cigarette. I have had times when I could
not sleep because I just couldn-t turn my brain off thinking of the
days ahead and problems. Now I have been sleeping better but
if I smoke too much in the house or have someone over who
smokes the I can hardly breathe. Maybe your Mom isn-t getting
enough oxygen in her system, that was one of my problems.
Have you quit smoking lately? -