Ive been sneezing blood ever since I quit smoking...is this common? -

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ive been sneezing blood ever since I quit smoking...is this common? -


Do you know why? and do you think these two things are related or just a coincidence?

I know I need to go to the doctor, but I cant afford it right now.
No, it-s not a coincidence, but it-s okay and it-ll go away by itself before you know it.

CONGRATULATIONS FOR QUITTING!!!!!!!

Both the men in my life (hus, son) are prone to frequent nosebleeds. The dr. prescribed Flonase nasal spray, and they are all but gone. It-s really cheap (generic is $1.59 on my plan, $4 for everybody at Tgt - W-M) if you can get an rx.

Seriously, my mom died of lung cancer that spread everywhere because she tried - tried and couldn-t quit. You have my great admiration because I know how hard quitting is.

Best wishes,
Debbie
You need to use vaseline in your nasal passages once or twice daily to keep it moist. Also use a humidifier now that the weather is getting colder.
Quitting smoking should not cause you to sneeze blood. You have something else going on. It could be as simple as dried out sinus or it could be high blood pressure or others medical things. I am sure to continue to smoke or be around smoke would help it in anyway - most likely it would make it worse. What ever you do, don-t smoke! I have a website on nicotine withdrawal symtoms -
http://www.healingrecovery.com/nica/with…
check it out.

Carol
Alright, I-ll give this a stab, although I am no expert. There is a condition which occurs during congestive heart failure called pulmonary edema. This occurs when the left ventricle of the heart is too weak to pump sufficient amounts of blood through the aorta. This causes the lungs to fill up with blood, resulting in people coughing up blood (sneezing is a different story I think). So it may or may not be a coincidence.

I quit smoking for like the ninth time two days ago, and I have never experienced sneezing blood in any of my times quitting. However I did sneeze a lot more when I smoked in cold weather (no blood), I presume it is due to damaged capillaries (Little veins) in your nasopharynx (nostrils). So maybe they are in the process of recovering or something along those lines.

A good rule of thumb is if it lasts longer then you think it should and you become concerned, contact a doctor. I am sure that at some hospital SOMEONE will at least answer your question without diagnosing you. Good luck, use the patch its your best hope =p (It-s mine at least).
Ive been sneezing blood ever since I quit smoking...is this common? -