What is the best prescription drug to quit smoking? -

Saturday, February 21, 2009

What is the best prescription drug to quit smoking? -


There is one that is supposed to block the part of the brain that craves nicotine. This drug does not have nicotine in it. Does anyone know which one this is?
CHANTIX...Works wonders. Though, not covered by most insurance plans, you could end up paying over $100 for it. Check with your insurance though, my Dad just got a prescription for it, and they covered it.

I did it cold turkey, and worked well for me. Have you tried that?

Anyway, good luck on qutting!!!
Dear smoking is a habit not a disease i also chanesmoker but now i quite smoking.The main thing is self confidence if u want to quite smoking then make a strong disession for leaving smoking and use some homeopatic medicine daily five drop in morning and evening that medicain name is thuja
Hello I am quitting smoking right now and I am taking this med called Chantix. It blocks the nicotine that goes to the brain . You start taking it for a full week b-4 u stop smoking. You smoke the week thru and by the 7th day you stop.

It has done wonders for me. I was really slowing down by the 4th day and today is the 7th day and, I can honestly say it is going great! it is amazing . GO GET IT NOW.

I am not even missing my moring cig. I do have some cravings when I get stressed but I think it is a mind thing for me now . I do have the withdrawn symptoms tired , crazy, but not to bad over all . Not like the lady on the commerical ! lol.

Your Dr can give u a start out pack , I think not sure , it is expensive but you do not have to buy nicotine patch or any of that stuff . and it is one week of cigarettes. Well I hope I helped . Just answering has helped me today . Thanks


FG
I would stay away from PILLS. All you are going to do is to make dug company happy. You can do it if you are strong enough. Just quite~!
It is called Chantix. I got a prescription for it but my insurance did not cover it. The doctor said that some company-s do and some don-t pay for all or part of it. He said that within 3 to 4 weeks, you won-t even want to be around cigarettes anymore. I priced it at Target and it was $112.00/ month. The doctor gave me a 3 months prescription. I found it online though for a little less than that. BUt just go to that website and it should tell you all about it.
CHANTIX comes in a dose pack. insurance will not pay for it. I spent 120.00 for the month. after two weeks I didn-t even want a cig. If you still have the urge you will need another dose pack. you take one pill a day for a few days and then two pills. you start the week before you want to quit, so you-ll smoke for a week and for some reason you just don-t want one. no crankies and mood swings. Good Luck
Will power! I-ve done it; so can you. I smoked for almost 20 years, and I quit without drugs, and I didn-t gain weight. I kept a pack of sugar-free gum with me at all times. After 2 days of not smoking, you-re finished with the physical addiction...now it-s the psychological addiction you must defeat. Are you strong enough to do that?
Wellbutrin
Chantix works wonders BUT it is not covered by most insurance plans (not yet). I used Zyban (generic is Budeperion or wellbutrin) and it took all desire away to smoke. I was able to quit successfully. With it having a generic, it-s cheaper. If you have insurance, just tell your doc that you tried the gum and patches to quit but they didn-t work. Then the insurance company (in most cases) has to cover the generic Zyban. Good luck to you!
What is the best prescription drug to quit smoking? -