Quit smoking? -

Friday, February 27, 2009

Quit smoking? -


How did you quit smoking, I have 2 months without smoking and I still crave it, I don-t use patches or gum
2 months? eventually you will get fed up with the craving and move on with your life. ive been smoke free since 1999 and I still want one now and then
I promise that that feeling eventually fades. I had the exact same problem, and caved in multiple times over the course of a few years. I REFUSED to consider this failing at quitting, but instead considered it easing the pain of quitting. My trick was to NEVER BUY A PACK. That way a relapse is a one-time thing, not a one-pack-at-a-time thing. Nicotine gum helped, but initially I missed just HOLDING the cigarette. It eventually started to fade, and now I don-t miss that at all. Next, it was missing the taste that was overwhelming. As it became longer and longer between relapses, that definitely went away completely (it actually starts to taste terrible). Finally, I missed the calming effects. That is the hardest part to get over. For years, if I was under extreme stress, the desire to smoke again was insatiable. I gave in a few times, but by this point I no longer enjoyed what I was doing. That helped. It-s now been years since I-ve had a cigarette. Do I still sometimes consider it?? You betcha. Is it easier to say no now?? You betcha. Do I regret it now?? DEFINITELY NOT!!!! Good luck with quitting -- don-t give up, don-t think of yourself as a failure if you-re honestly giving it your best, and you-ll make it to where I am eventually.
Quit smoking? -