How come I quit smoking so easily? -

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

How come I quit smoking so easily? -


I smoked from 16 to 30. On my 30th birthday I quit. I just stopped. I knew it was bad and that it was time. I don-t remember having any specific -craving- outside of actual motion of the habit. I missed the actual act of smoking, but felt no actual craving for the smoke or nicotine, as far as I can tell. I didn-t substitute it with anything. I-m just wondering is it possible for someone to be -wired- differently so that it is easier to quit. I actually quite enjoyed smoking, it gave me something to do with my hands. I see so many people having a hard time with quitting and I just tell them to decide not to smoke, don-t buy cigarettes and you won-t smoke. It was that simple for me. I-ve never been addicted to any other drugs, but I didn-t display traditional withdrawl symptoms. Any reason why? Smoke at least one pack a day.
It was SO easy for me to quit too. I just got to the end of the pack and stopped buying them. Now the smell makes me nausiated.

Congratulations!!!!!! Keep up the good work. Now it-ll be much easier to exercise and want to keep not smoking.
I honestly believe some people are genetically inclined to be more addicted to than others. Like alcohol. I quit 3 weeks ago, and the worst side effect hasn-t been the cravings. It has been disrupted sleep. I haven-t had a good nights sleep since I quit.
Great! I hadn-t smoked as long as you but i-d been smoking for about 5 years and I quit flat out too. I had tried in the past but had a hard time but this time I just blew it off my schedule. I started to realize that smoking is really effecting me negatively and I didn-t need it. One of the biggest things that helped me was staying away from other smokers where most of the time I smoked was because of others smoking. Stopped buying cigarettes and kept my mind preoccupied so I wouldn-t think about it. I can-t stand the smell of smoke now and I breathe and live so much better now! Plus I can start saving money.....
Congrats!!! You obviously have more than your share of will-power! Just count your lucky stars. We all handle cravings/addictions differently.
Be glad you are an exception to the rule and try to help better council other smokers.
CONGRATULATIONS! I understand what you went through. I quit several times and once it was soooooo easy, once it was sooooooooo hard and once (the final time) it was somewhere in the middle. The trick is you really have to want to quit. I-m smoke-free now for over 3 years. Good luck to you.
You-re one of the few and very fortunate people and congrats to you!!! It is hard, I have been trying for 7 yrs since I turned 30. I-ve tried cold turkey many times, the patch, the gum, Zyban, hypnosis, nothing has worked. This year I made a promise to myself and to my kids that this was it, the final year no matter how hard it is or how much I suffer. I want to be a non-smoker!!
I-m starting Chantix per my doc-s request. It has an overall 50% success rate so wish me luck!!

Again, congratulations on quitting and giving yourself your life back, free from the slavedom of nicotine =)
How come I quit smoking so easily? -