How should I quit smoking? I am male 55 and smoking since last 35 years, now almost 15 cigarettes a day.? -

Friday, March 13, 2009

How should I quit smoking? I am male 55 and smoking since last 35 years, now almost 15 cigarettes a day.? -


I am male 55 and smoking since last 35 years, now almost 15 cigarettes a day. Yes i am adicted, no doubt about it ...
i am 5-4- with 200 lbs (overweight), have no sugar or blood pressure but have high colestrols and damaged my lungs
What should i do to quit smoking? i tried many a times but failed ... only a smoker can understand how difficult it is to quit, so expect some answer from people who already have quit smoking ...
I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE ... don-t say -just quit- ... it does not work, as i don-t have that strong will power - nicotine is now in my blood
Try Chantix, it worked for me.
I smoked for 4 years (1980 - 1984) and, unlike my
then-fiancee, managed to quit while I was ahead.
The first thing I did was call-off my engagement to
Julie.
The rest was... not too easy the first time around.
But, if you tell yourself that you don-t have the -will
power,- then you-ll NEVER be able to quit--period;
no way.
I-d suggest trying that gum that has a nicotine-like
flavor to it: Nicorette, I believe it-s called. (That is
how I got myself to quit, 23 or so years ago.)
Good luck.
Talk with your Dr. Chantix - is the wonder pill. Be pre-paired though. Most insurance companies will not cover it and it runs about $130.00 per month. You will probable need about 3 months worth.

The alternative. First, count your blessings. No blood pressure problems or sugar.

Your other blessings is that you only smoke 15 cigarettes per day. My mother use to smoke 3 packs a day. Emphysema stopped that!

Here is the trick...you stop cold turkey and your brain says, -I NEED MORE NICOTINE GIMME GIMME GIMME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…

So why put your self through that? Let yourself have 15 cigs tomorrow and then the next day only 14 and then the next 13 then you might have to stay there for a couple days to a week until your body adjust and then go to 12 and so on and so on.

Quiting smoking is just like loosing weight. We always want to do it all at once...it doesn-t work that way. You didn-t smoke 15 cigs. your first time!

The bonus is if you have a partner to do it with you. If you do not then at lest find someone to whom you can be accountable to. If you have to give an account of your progress then you will strive for the better!!!

Best of luck!
I will keep you in my prayers!
look bro, there are many tips for quitting smoking...that web site mm..www.tvbrands.com.,,,its a web site of selling things there i saw one day a device which is used for quitting smoking...i don,t know how to use it but i saw people using it in tv also and they had said it really help them in leaving their habit of smoking,.it is also a cheap device...hope it will help..
i am the same and smoked sice 9 and only 15 i think i would try the patch.
Well, i recently did a report on smoking and here-s why its hard to quit.

When you don-t smoke your levels of Acetylcholine are higher than your bodies used too. So, when you smoke it seems to -relax- you but its actually just supressing the amount of Acetylcholine in your body. If you decide to quit the human brain takes 1-2 weeks to readjust the levels of Acetylcholine to its normal levels. Unfortunately, some Acetylcholine levels may have become permanent which makes it very hard to quit.

If i was you what you should do is get a bottle of tar, a picture of your family, and a picture of you before you began smoking. Now, whenever you want to smoke know that the bottle of tar is actually building up in your lungs. Think of your family because the smoke is going out of your lungs and into theirs. Then, look at the picture of you before you began smoking.

Hope this helps, and good luck ^.^
nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs there is. Those that say just stop don-t know what they are talking about. maybe some can but most can-t...............1st step though is you have to want to and I mean really want to.For me to want to I needed an excuse,any excuse not that I -just wanted to-. For Me it was a 6 hour car trip with my son who hates me smoking.......To quit I used a combination of the patch and zyban (generic name welbutren which is alot less expencive). the patch helped with the addiction and the zyban with the anxiety. I had trouble stopping in the past either cold turkey or even patch alone.The anxiety and that urge,not need,to smoke was blunted by the zyban. The combo worked for me. good luck..............
First off, I strongly recommend that you come up with a quit smoking plan WITH your doctor.
Please know that smoking IS the hardest addiction to quit, but millions do it everyday. It also takes an average of 7 tries until you are successful.
Try this web site... you will LOVE it! It helped me when I quit.
(just copy and paste it into a task bar)


http://www.quitnet.com


Also, drink A LOT of water when you quit... carry around a water bottle. Helps to detox you and helps with the hand to mouth.

Dont quit qutting... you CAN do this! Good luck!
How should I quit smoking? I am male 55 and smoking since last 35 years, now almost 15 cigarettes a day.? -