Have you quit smoking? -

Friday, March 13, 2009

Have you quit smoking? -


Have any of you quit smoking? If so, how did you do it? I am not a smoker, but my father has been for over 35 years now.
20 year smoker...I-ve used the Commit lozenges (4mg) for 10 weeks now and have been going strong. I-ve used the patch before, but prefer the lozenges. They really help cut the edginess. I don-t consider myself totally -cured- of smoking, but this has been one of my best attempts so far. Good luck. Unfortunately, no aid will help him until he-s really ready to quit himself.
my father is a smoker too i hate smoking so i told my father about all the harms of smoking and i asked him to stop so he stoped immeddatly
Hi,

Great post! Quitting smoking was the hardest thing I-ve ever done in my life, and I thought I wasn-t addicted!

Here-s what I tried before finding success: hypnosis, those fake cigaretts, the nicotine patch, and group therapy....none worked.

I finally tried this HERBAL patch I bought 6 months ago on the net. They claim a 97% success rate. Well, it worked! They had a sweet deal which was a free 10 day trial for only $3.95 including shipping (it-s regularly $53 for 10 days)!!

I don-t know if they still have that deal, but it-s worth a try.


http://www.alllsite.info/stop-smoking-fr…


Good Luck
I quit from two packs a day, -cold turkey-. Very hard to stay stopped. That was 22 years ago. We stop when we convince ourselves that we want not to smoke more than we want to smoke. Can-t have just one or even just a puff off someone else-s. If I don-t restart, I don-t have to stop again. Aerobic exercise and sitting in a steam room after wards helped greatly (local health club) I didn-t substitute something else for the smoking like candy or some food because then I-d have to stop that as well.

I am an ex-smoker, not a -reformed- smoker like some. I don-t try to make those around me quit but whenever I can I get away from those smoking. The smell has become repulsive.

I hear the patch has some success as does hypnotism but it is not magic, you must want to stop.

Good luck!
no but i am quiting on my b day in 2 weeks. i am going to try a prescription med called welbutrin xl i work for a Dr. and he suggest trying that it really helps with the craving and withdraw. but if your father doesn-t want to go that route than he needs to find something that will work for him. surveys showed that smokers who quit cold turkey with no help start smoking again with in 3 months. there are allot of great programs and information out there. go to www/quitsmoking.com or www.thegreatsmokeout.com hope this helps. and make sure you are there for him and support him, don-t be critical of him it is much harder to stop than people think. especially if you have been a Long term smoker.
My Dad quit smoking after being a smoker for 40+ years. A little over a year after he quit (and it was very hard for him) he died suddenly from an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA). Smoking is a contributory factor in AAA, but it was already too late. He was way too young to die,. It saddens me to know that he struggled daily with his desire to smoke for a year and then he died anyway. What a lousy way to spend your last days.
Hey, just I will just send my children to your Dad.... goodness knows they convinced me to give up! The cruelest ultimation, you or the fags!

The only way to give up is cold turkey, forget the patches, but do think of some alternative habit to cultivate like exercise or sport.
Have you quit smoking? -