What are the best tools to help quit smoking? -

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What are the best tools to help quit smoking? -


I smoke about a pack a day or a little less depending on what I do that day. Some days I may only smoke 2-5 cigs. I-m just wondering what is best: patches, pill, lozenge, etc.

I have the willpower but would like some help with it.

Thanks in advance.
Good for you, just thinking about it. First let me share my own experience, I think you will relate.
I have smoked 2 - 4 pks a day for 48 years. I have tried several times over the years and never made it past a week. I was hypnotized, used the gum, wore patches(several times) and it just made me a nervous wreck is all. Even Doctors started telling me to forget trying to quit smoking because I couldn-t and I would be mental wreck trying.
Then, along came -Chantix- and the right Doctor working with me. April 12th, 2007 was my last cigarette and I will never smoke again. It took all the desire to have one out of my brain, it wasn-t simple but it was doable. I have never felt better and thank God my lungs are still good. Please talk to a good Doctor and get on the program. You will never regret it.
Healthnut
my father in law has smoked forever he stated taking chantex the stop smoking pill and it worked for him!!! If he can do it anyone can!! Good luck
There-s a book called -The Easy Way to Stop Smoking-
Check the link below and read the reviews. It really works and is cheaper than patches and pills.
The most effective thing (and the only thing that worked for me) was smoking coltsfoot. It used to be smoked as a treatment for asthma (really!). Smoking a couple of rolled coltsfoot -cigarettes- still gives you something to puff on, something in there really helps with the -nic fits-, it opens up the capillaries and cleans out your lungs, and gives you something to do with your hands (rolling the cigarette). After a few days, you find that the cravings are gone, and rolling up the coltsfoot is more trouble than its worth and you quit smoking those, too. That-s when you realize, you have quit smoking.
By the way, coltsfoot is perfectly safe for smoking and has no side effects...it is an all natural herb and can be found at www.mountainroseherbs.com for a very reasonable price
What are the best tools to help quit smoking? -