How do you quit smoking? -

Saturday, August 14, 2010

How do you quit smoking? -


I am embarassed to admit that over the past few years I have picked up smoking! I hate it!!

gradually it has just gotten to be more... and more.. I think I have been in total denial that I even WAS a smoker until recently.
And after coming to terms with it.. I don-t like it.

So. Today. Jan 1 2008 I resolve to quit.

any advice for me on my New Years Quest?
if you go to the doctors they can prescribe you with s spray that you spray up your nose or some patches that you can place on your arm hope this helps and good luck with it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It-s Fast and Easy

It-s Painless: No Withdrawals

or Weight Gain

It Doesn-t Involve a Patch,

Pill, Gum or Shots

It-s Highly Recommended

by Medical Doctors

It Works...Almost Everyone

Quits Smoking!

It-s Guaranteed!

Go: http://quitsmoking.loseweighthappy.com
When you get down to your last 6 in the packet then stop, don-t throw them away because panic attack can set in when you know you have none.Keep telling yourself they are there just in case you get desperate, i did that for 6 months before i had the guts to throw them away for good. Best move i have ever made they are a disgusting habit and very hard to get rid of, my coughing got worse after i gave them up until my system cleared all the tar out, yuk!
Good luck with it.
hey I quit today too- but I got a script of Chantix from my doc and it lessens the craving for the nicotine. Thing that I find disturbing is I feel very out of sorts and very tired too!
See if you can get this script, try it out and see what it does for ya, GOOD LUCK!!
Very tuff. Nicotine is really one of the most addictive chemicals, and the tobacco companies have made sure that you become addicted fast!!!

There are lots of things out there that really work, patches, support groups, some new meds. I think the thing that helped me the most was to sit across from a colleague and watch her as he became out of breath every time she laughed. And the sound of mucus bubbling in her lungs too.... and I thought to myself, OMG, that could be me in 30 years. I found every piece of photography I could that was showing what smoking did to my lungs....EVERYTHING!!!

Some of the things I used: No coffee in the morning, when a cig. was really great, brushed my teeth as soon as I ate, no wine, cuz cigs are great with wine, and I kept the image of that lady in my mind. I also out of curiosity went to one of the hospitals and asked to see a cancerous lung after a surgery where it was removed. (If you have a friend who is a nurse, maybe she can get you in).

I was truly a dedicated smoker... had 7 smoked before I even got out of bed in the morning, and smoked 3 packs a day. Sweetie, if I can do it, you can too.

Good luck, hon, you can do it. It is one gross habit.
the easiest thign to do is to read this book
it helped over millions of ppl to stop smoking
it helped ashton kutcher lol
and my history teacher as well
the name is -the easy way to stop smoking- and the author is Alan Carr
its pretty easy u jsut ahve to read it and it helps
i think its betetr than using some patches or medicine
and if u dont like reading then jsut like make a sacrifice adn read this one book
my advise is you must create a new hobby.
Congratulations for making the decision! I treat smokers and for the majority smoking is an addiction, which is not recognised by mainstream -quit smoking- methods. Firstly note that it is NOT a nicotine addiction! Don-t waste your money on NRT. Secondly, the habit is easily knocked over by steadfast intention because it was created by repetition and the setting up of a -trigger-! Ultimately it is your unconscious mind belief system being triggered, possibly by a chemical in the cigarette such as chocolate or cinnamon. Or from a deep memory of someone you idolised as a child, and seeing them smoke at the age you now are. Do a search on the name Peter Zapfella.
ive quite to today and so far i dont want one because its all in ur mind
u have to do things to keep u busy anu sud eat candy suck on a lolly pop ect
Learn to identify the triggers for smoking and then find something else to do, this will short circuit the cravings. Do not replace one drug habit with another.
Good for you and best of luck! Here-s how I quit:

Wean yourself off of them (ie 10 today, 9 tomorrow, 8 the next day and so on).

If that doesn-t work, go visit the chemotherapy ward at your local hospital. I decided to quit when I started taking my father to his treatments. Really makes you think about those warning labels on the sides of cigarette packages when you see people hooked up to IVs for hours, losing their hair, etc. (not that all people who develop cancer were smokers).
How do you quit smoking? -