What does a sore throat due to quitting smoking feel like? -

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What does a sore throat due to quitting smoking feel like? -


I have stopped smoking going on my 5th day. For the last 3 days I have had a terrible sore throat. I read that a sore throat is a sympton of quitting, but how bad is it? My throat hurts so bad at times, I can not swallow. I just want to make sure it is part of the Quitters Flu, and not something I need to go to the DR for. (My throat is also very swollen and red).
Hi
I quit smoking with Chantix - am on day 15. I have got the sore throat - phlegmy type sinus problem, but my doctor did tell me to expect this and it would slowly go away. My daughter quit smoking 1 1/2 months ago and has the same thing. But, we didn-t have the same swollen, red throat you are describing so it-s probably time for a trip to the doctors.
Good Luck
What does a sore throat due to quitting smoking feel like? -