What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Saturday, August 7, 2010

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


This is going to sound dumb (I-ve been accused of worse, believe me!) -

1) Make up your mind to quit.

2) Make up a list of places, times that you smoke (After meals, after having a brewski, driving home from work, etc.).

3) Quit BUT,

4) Simultaneously, avoid those places and times at 2), above.

Take walks, eat at different times, lay off the beer for a while - you will be surprised but it won-t take long to shake it.

BUT YOU HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT!!!!!!

I wish you the very best of luck and I-ll say a few prayers for you!
I was the biggest smoker ever. I used nicoteen patches and that really helped me give up
HA! My husband and I were just discussing this. (He needs to quit.) Some of our ideas:

Don-t buy them. (This isn-t as easy as it sounds, apparently.)

Chew gum.

Chew on sunflower seeds. (This gets messy, as the shells need to be spit out.)

Keep your eye on the prize....If you smoke $4 worth of cigs per day, you-d have $120 at the end of the month for something. What is it you REALLY, REALLY want that you need to save for?

Good luck with quitting. YOU CAN DO IT!
Each day smoke one less until you are down to zero. Also, something interesting... today on yahoo news, they came out with a new pill that works with the -pleasure control- of your brain. Anyway, this pill is suppose to help people who are addited to anything! Something to look into. :) Good luck*~!~*
Remove temptation.

If you have no money, no cigarettes, no friends to buy you cigarettes, if you don-t hang around smokers who might offer you something, if you don-t go into 7-11 and see the signs for cartons half off, then you-ll be okay.

It takes willpower, and it is not very easy. I would recommend looking up the long-term effects of smoking (with pictures) to definitely remind you of the fact that you are slowly killing yourself.

Also, plan beforehand if you-re going to quit cold turkey. Not many people can just flat out say no. If you can-t do that, gradually decrease your amount until you don-t need any more.
THE BEST WAY 2 STOP SMOKING IS 2 NOT START SMOKING!!!!
Step 1.) Stop putting the cigarettes in your mouth.

Step 2.) There is no Step 2.
You know I just counted it all up and I would save $25.00 a month if I quit smoking!
What is the best way to quit smoking? -