What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Saturday, August 28, 2010

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


I am 24 and have been smoking since I was 18... I have tried to quit with patches (but still smoked) i think it is mainly the habit. I quit for 3 months cus i had ,to but started agian. I recently went on a date with a non smoker and found i didn-t think aboutsmoking at all till i got home ( and we even ate ) so what is the best (and most affordable ) way to quit?
be with your non smoker date during your waking hours. i can see that he-s your medicine.
Do the following, i am serious. Go to a CVS or Walgreens and get the following

1 Large bag of tootsie pops
1 Large bag of charms blow pops
1 Bottle of Nyquil
4 Packs of Gum

If you can take off work or take off time from school it will really help.

Stay up really late, until you cant see straight. Smoke your last cigarette.

Take a normal dose of nyquil, and try to sleep for as long as possible, longer the better.

When you get up, start sucking the charms. Eat them nonstop. Remember to brush your teeth, cause its alot of sugar.

Stay in bed, and dont get dressed. As soon as you feel tired, try to go to bed. If you are up, the only thing you should be doing is focusing on sucking the charms or tootsie pops. What this is doing is taking care of the oral fixation on cigarettes.

Keep the pops white stick between your fingers as you would a cigarette.

Once u go 48 hours, the nicoteine is out of your system. From this point on it is all mental

Stash charm blow pops and tootsie pops everywhere you go, esp near places your formally smoked

i keep them in car glove box, near shower, in pockets, in dressers, in kitchen cabinets, etc. more places the better.

When u have an urge to smoke, just go through like 2 or 3 pops straight. It will take care of the mental craving.

Then taper yourself off the pops.

good luck
You no longer smoke. You do not buy smoking materials, and you do not accept them from others.

The most affordable way is to stop wasting money on this harmful habit (both to you and others around you).

You don-t need patches - you need will power. If you saw what smoking did to my father-s health and enjoyment of life, you would want these nasty things made illegal for sure.
cold turkey. gums and patches dont work all the time. try to avoid other smokers while you-re trying tro quit. only thing else you need is will power. gradually slowing down only makes you want to smoke more but it might work for you. i think cold turkey is best. never smoke while on the patch or you could pass out. your body can overdose from too much nicotine in the system and make you feel sick as a dog
If you really want to quit you don-t need any way or excuse --- just quit. If you don-t want to quit -- keep smoking -- nothing goes wrong.

I am smoking since last 30 years and finally gave up. Well gave up reading about bad effects of smoking never gave up smoking.
Here-s what I did: I had smoked off and on since I was 13 yoa. At age 45, I began by brushing my teeth and tongue after every cigarette no matter where I was or what time of day. Over a few weeks I found I grew less tolerant of the smell and taste of cigarettes. I noticed I smoked less and less over those few weeks. I would forget to smoke. Finally, three days passed and I realized I hadn-t had a cigarette, so basically - it quit me. I had heard that the most effective way to quit was when the habit basically quits you, (the craving goes away), but didn-t really believe it until it happened to me. I also found that after a few years without a cigarette I was around someone who smoked and had an urge to smoke. At that point I knew it wasn-t a physical urge, but was psychological. So I found something to do to occupy my time and distract myself so I wouldn-t focus on the mental urge. That worked too, and now after seven years I no longer have the mental urges either.

You sound like a good candidate since you didn-t think about smoking until you got home. Good luck!
cold turkey
You have to be PREGNANT. Being pregnant smokers are forced to stop smoking (of course for them to have a healthy child) and i think in that instance, quitting to smoke would not be a hardtime.
to tell yourself -i quit smoking now-
JUST DO IT
AGAIN
The best and the safest way to quit smoking is the Homeopathic Remedy CALADIUM S in 1M(1000) potency take it once a week for 3 to 5 weeks. It modifies the craving for tobacco smoking without any side effects or complications of any kind. Homeopathic remedies are not expensive and can be bought over the counter from most Health and Herbs Stores or you can buy them online.
Take Care and God Bless you !
I seen this thing on a TV ad. It was called the Commit Lozenge...it-s a little cough drop thing with nicotine in it.
Its not just the nicotine. Its also the other 50+ chemicals they out in cigarettes. Also the main problem is habit.
We have been used to having body sensations which we translate as -my body needs something, which we have attempted to satisfy by having a cigarette.
When we try to stop smoking, we still get these -my body needs something- sensations, and we still feel that we want a cigarette. We have to train our body to be more selective. When we feel we need something, we have to work out what it is that we actually need.
A glass of water is an excellent substitute if nothing else comes to mind, as it helps with the clearance of the toxic substances in our body. Another good substitute is a bag of salted peanuts, used in combination with the water.
Another thing to do is to find an activity which occupies the mind or body. Go swimming - nobody wants to smoke while they are swimming. Slowly, as our body adjusts and translates the -want something- feelings into something other than cigarettes, then the feelings begin to go away. We know its not a cigarette that the body really needs, because as soon as we-ve had one we still have the feeling, and want another!
pretty much cold turkey. when i found out i was pregnant with my son i cut down for ten days (12 first day and cut down by 1 or 2 everyday) by the tenth day i quit. its mainly mind over matter. i did suck on small stick pretzels for a while. i think it is the habit of having a cigarette in your hand that is hardest to break. good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
have more sex :)
i think there are tablets you can try
Try hypnosis lol :D
What is the best way to quit smoking? -