Is there a clinic to help quit smoking in Columbus Ohio using some kind of injection? -

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Is there a clinic to help quit smoking in Columbus Ohio using some kind of injection? -


I-m not sure about injections, but I can let you know what worked for me. Zyban for 2 weeks, and then I stopped smoking. To curb the physical withdrawal, I used the patch in addition to the Zyban after I stopped smoking cigarettes.

In addition, if there are any other smokers in your house, it helps to have them quit at the same time. It-s much harder to quit if someone is still smoking in front of you. After that last cigarette, I never looked back, and it-s been over 6 years now. And I was a hardcore smoker (2 packs a day, easy). If I can do it, so can you! :)
Scott, I would suggest acupuncture. Try AIAM (American Institute of Alternative Medicine) @ www.aiam.edu or 614-825-6255. I believe that OSU East has a smoking cessation clinic that might help you, if you-re truly ready to quit.
I wouldn-t recommend any type of injection to quit smoking. Have you tried acupuncture or hypnosis? As far as I-ve heard, the urge to smoke never really goes away ... even years later. Ex-smokers have told me that the biggest thing they miss about the habit is their after-dinner cigarette. It seems to be more of a matter of being ready to quit and just not lighting another one (tough to do on a free will planet!). Until you reach that point, I don-t believe there-s any therapy that will really work well for you.
Is there a clinic to help quit smoking in Columbus Ohio using some kind of injection? -