Dont answer this unless you quit smoking? -

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dont answer this unless you quit smoking? -


How did you do it...I need help so bad..I am 34..i have smoked since I was 13 and I want to quit but i have panick attack and generalized anxiety and it makes me REALLY need a cigarette just to cope...
have alot of sex
Hi lisa.

No lie....I have smoked for MANY years...bought a book as a joke, called -how to quit smoking the easy way-. Read it, didn-t stop smoking. A friend of mine read it, stopped smoking immediately...gave it to a friend who gave it to a friend and so on. It didn-t work for me at all....but, so far, about 10 of my friends have stopped smoking just by reading that stupid book. It may work for you as well. It is certainly an attention getter....I guess I just don-t like paying attention.
Chantix worked really well for me. Chantix and prayer. Edit: What-s with the -thumbs down- ? You asked for suggestions from someone that is experienced. I smoked 2 packs @day for 40 years and quit after many attempts with other methods by using Chantix. Ok, then go and reinvent the wheel. Why don-t you try them one per week ? Start with -Will power-; then cutting down; then cold turkey; then the patches; then Wellbutrin; then hypnosis; then the gum then..... after all of that doesn-t work - try Chantix.
Welbutrin. It-s an anti-depressant/anxiety medication, and it fights nicotine. It literally makes it impossible to enjoy a cigarette. I used to smoke, but now I can-t even smoke a single cigarette, as opposed to the 7-10 I smoked per day.
I-m not a smoker, don-t plan on being a smoker, but I-ll answer anyway...

There-s tons of help out there, believe me. Millions of others are going through what you are, talk to to your doctor. Smoking really isn-t good, at all. But never quit trying to quit!!! Don-t worry, there-s help!!!

Good luck! :)

-Matt-
Dont answer this unless you quit smoking? -