How did you quit smoking ? -

Thursday, January 27, 2011

How did you quit smoking ? -


I smoke Capri 120 Menthol cigarettes, about a pack a day. I would like to try quitting through methods at home before going to the doctor and trying the medication route. I am 33 and quit for 6 years in December 2000, but severely stressful personal situations arose and I started again. Back then, I quit via sheer willpower, but it seems much harder to quit this time around. What method (s) did you use to finally kick the habit ?
I smoked for 40 years , 2 packs a day, I went to Wal-Mart and bought me some plastic tooth picks (white ones in a plastic case) , I carried them in my shirt pocket just like they were a pack of cigarettes and every time I wanted a smoke I would reach up to my shirt pocket and take one out and put one in my mouth and chew on it.
It helped with my nerves and it gave me something to do with my hands and I had something in my mouth to take the place of the cigarette.

I have not smoked a cigarette since.
Well, I understand perfectly! I had smoked for over twenty five years and my whole life seemed to fall apart and I turned to God and received Jesus into my life, as my saviour and Lord. Into being a christian for about a year I was really convicted that it was not right nor healthy and a bad witness. I had known it was not healthy, But I had a stupid saying about things I WANTED to do. Well if I die at least I will die happy! Garbage!
Anyway to make a long story short, the scripture came to my mind, -call on the name of the Lord, and you will be saved- so I Yelled as loud as I could . -JESUS-!! and I was
DELIVERED!. Now it did not mean that I was not tempted because the enemy of our souls -the devil- does not want us to be saved, healthy, or serving the Lord. But every time I would get an urge I would just start praising God in my heavenly language to God and it would pass, or I would pick up the bible and read some blessing out loud and it would pass. This lasted for about a couple of months off and on and then I was free. Really strange I would get the urge if someone lit a match, and I smelled the sulphur, really stupid because I never used matches to light up, I used a lighter. So I know it was the devil trying to entice me in what ever way he could, but he did not succeed no mattter what he tried to bring across my path.
The reason it is harder to quit after giving in is the devil knows what pushes your button and will create things to pressure you. I do not know if you believe this or not, but there are spiritual forces at work.
I have a friend who has quit several times and of course the same happened to him, and then he just gave up, and is still smoking and this has been over 20 years now and I saw him just the other day and he is still smoking and he does not look good. Thin, pale, yellow bad teeth, If you would care to have an article about smoking email me at my primary address, not through Yahoo please, just from your primary one. The tobacco company put in additives to make you crave them.
I have now been free for over 30 years, and simply detest the smell of them.
My Father who has now moved to heaven, about 25 years before was smoking a brand called Buckingham 3 packs a day, which are a very strong blend. He finally made up his mind to quit as everytime he lit one up he would go into fits of coughing. Well he just up and quit but then every time he would get the urge he would grab a peppermint candy, so then he gained weight. So you see there is something lacking in our systems, but he did not go back to smoking.
Now I know today that we can get help by going the natural way. I know some have tried the patch and Nicoderm, but you never hear if they are still not smoking after they said they had stopped.
I do not understand how come after 6 years free you went back. Did you still like the taste of the filthy things?
Try this site out...


http://www.quitnet.com


Its free and full of every kind of information you want/need. Everyone that I have recommended to has quit smoking.
How did you quit smoking ? -