Has anyone taken Chantix to quit smoking? -

Monday, October 5, 2015

Has anyone taken Chantix to quit smoking? -


I-m thinking about it and wondering how effective it is.
My sister in law used Chantix to quit smoking after 25+ years, and has not started back up. I have had several patients that have tried it successfully as well. I have heard that it works better than Welbutrin. When combined with a good smoking cessation program and possibly a nicotine replacement such as the patch or gum, it is much more successful than quitting -cold turkey.-
According to the Phizer website, Chantix should be taken for 12 weeks ( www.chantix.com ). They also provide a support plan to help Chantix patients quit at no additional charge.
I have taken Chantix and it really works great...the cravings for a smoke, just aren-t there.....make sure that you take the entire prescription, and they say to take it for 6 months....my insurance only covered 2 goes of it. (so you might want to check with the doctor about coupons they have for $20 off for when your insurance gives you the boot).
For the first week you smoke on them....then you just get a sick feeling in your stomach after that, and you don-t want to smoke....I had problems eating sweets as well (like donuts with my coffee in the morning) it seemed to make my stomach upset....but hey, you don-t gain weight eating a bunch of sweets either. :)
Chantix therapy has proven to be effective in -smokers motivated to quit -


http://www.quitsmokinghope.com/chantix/c…

I do not smoke, hence no need of Chantix. But I have seen many of my friends have gone to Chantix or similar one, but majority of them, started smoking again.

I feel, any person who wants to quit a habit needs strong mind. Medicines may help to certain extent, but some people just could not resist. Very strong will power, can only helps to quit a habit.
Chantix is a very effective way to quit smoking with few side effects. For more Chantix information, please click the following link:
http://www.121doc.co.uk/affiliate/script…

Yes, I heard it-s effective. But it costs a bomb, though.
Why not try alternative ways? I read this free guide and have quit for 3 months since.
As a healthcare provider I have prescribed this for a number of my patients. My patients all had good results. I recommend taking the full six months of therapy to resist relapse. It works 100% against nicotine cravings and taking away the pleasure responce that smokers get when they smoke. What it cannot do is take away the -habit- part of smoking. That will take effort on your part. But it is alot easier to stop when you have no cravings.
Has anyone taken Chantix to quit smoking? -