How did you quit smoking? -

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

How did you quit smoking? -


for those of you that have smoked in the past how did you quit? i want my husband to quit. i know he will say it-s not easy and i don-t understand but i want to buy something and hope he uses it.
I stopped putting cigarettes in my mouth and lighting them.. And was really short tempered with people for about a month.
Well it started with me not wanting to smoke at all anymore. Then once I thought it hard to stop, I asked God multiple times for His help. I wanted to quit but it was so hard...He worked on me and in me until the thing was finished. It-s finished thank GOD!!! :D Sometimes people need strength beyond themselves. However it happens though, I hope your husband can quit for his sake as well as yours!
i had this problem with my ex-boyfriend... you really cant make them quit.. they have to do it on their own. you picked him and you should have known thats the person he is... if he loves you and sees that it hurts you (regardless of whether you can come up with a specific answer as to why he should quit) then he needs to quit...

you shuld have him go to the doctor.. they can perscribe things that work better than over the counter stuff
I quit cold turkey.

Wasn-t easy.

I was smoking 2 1/2 packs a day when I quit!

You really have to want to quit to be successful.

I used some small hard candies to help.

I kept them in the same pocket as I kept my cigarettes. It gave me something to reach for and something to do with my hands when I was craving.

It-s been 22 years. The scary part is that I feel I could go back in a minute. When you quit, never ever ever ever take another drag.

You can-t make someone else quit if they don-t want to. It will be a fight you will never win.
I know I struggle with quitting all the time. I go through periods where I wont smoke, but then I give into temptation. I know I am a strong person that is why its so frustrating that I can-t quit. Then I started talking my therapist about it one day and realized sometimes you have to remember why you started to figure out why you cant stop. For me I started smoking 3 years ago when i found out the truth about how my father died. Ever since I smoke as a way to relieve, stress, depression, and anxiety although smoking has a negative affect on all those things. But somewhere in my mind I see that stick as a security blanket, thats why its hard. I quit for awhile, but when my friend was murdered a few months back I started again. Im like a child with a blanket. Basically what Im saying is his addiction could be linked with something deep down inside, so have the long grueling emotional talk because at least its a starting point. I know to quit I have to fight my demons also... Also he should see his doctor...
It is all in his head. If he has a strong powerful mind, it is easy. Gum, a lot of gum is also helpful.
it-s all in backbone ,if u have u can stop it just like me,i was smoking very much and i stoped it by my backbone
I never smoked
It-s not as easy as saying that. You have to be in the right mindset.

For me personally, I used patches for about a week then went cold turkey. I still get cravings after 6 months but I am able to overcome them. They are also well and truly few and far between.

I guess I could also give you the advice of acknowledging your weak points and figuring out ways to overcome them. For me, it was when I was bored, after a meal or when I finished something like an assingment aswell. I just had a glass of water to get my mind off the cravings and help them pass a lot easier.

You also have to remember: you can-t MAKE someone quit, they have to make the choice themselves.
The Lung Association gave a presentation at my workplace. They brought a big jar with a real lung in it. They said it was a lung of a heavy smoker. Well, it was so GROSS, I went home and took my cigarettes and threw them in the trash. I-ve not smoked since. To this day I can still that blacktar on the lung.
How did you quit smoking? -