Give me suggestions of what has worked (or helped) for those of you who have quit smoking? -

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Give me suggestions of what has worked (or helped) for those of you who have quit smoking? -


What to expect? How long will the -wanting to hurt everybody for no good reason- last? Stratigies and what not?
Been quitting now for 33 years only thing that ever kept me off of um for three days was surgery and before that padded cell for three days.
It-s gonna sound strange, maybe unbelievable, but it-s all mind over matter.
I used to smoke almost 2 pks a day and once I decided, just quit cold Turkey and have been clean for over 2 years now.
What I-ve suggested to others is this:
Get yourself a container of WHOLE CLOVES from the supermarket. Then get yourself a small amount of Oil of Wintergreen from the pharmacy.
You-re not going cold turkey but,
Whenever you feel like smoking, chew up a whole clove then just smell the Wintergreen until the urge to smoke passes.
Do this each time you have an urge.
After a while, you-ll less and less feel the urge until you-re able to completely stop.
Remember that it-s now your mind over your matter. Your system should have been detoxed over several days of this regimen.
Think how much $ you-ll be saving and how much better you-ll feel too.
As far as feeling the -meanies-, find a project you can hammer something together and get it out that way. Hurting anyone-s not an option.
GOOD LUCK! You might like to write Y-Answers when you-ve quit so we know it-s do-able.
For about two weeks before I quit, I was getting these sharp jolting pains thru my chest, when I cut down smoking they went away, one morning a big sap went thru my chest and that did it, I looked myself in the mirror and said to my self, -dude, I think this is the last warning-, I trashed the cigs and I have never had a desire to smoke again, thats been 12 yrs, ago,,I guess a person just needs to get the holy crap scared out em before they see the light...
This was an answer for someone else, still, you sound like someone who is a Male Warrior under the skin, and just wants out to express his true insides: Do it right, read this. And if this isn-t for you, go Marines, or Army, and they will send you to the same instructors, anyway.
When I was young and studied Karate in Japan, my instructor told me to ALWAYS drink Green Tea - Look up the reasons - It-s just GOOD FOR YOU.
To eat -Gohun,- which is the Japanese word for -Food- - And for -Brown Rice.- Over there, only a small amount of meat and veggies go with the rice, for IT is the main course. Full of fiber, vitamins, nutrients, you wanna loose weight and get healthy, there you go! Once you learn how to steam it right, it GOES WITH EVERYTHING.
(Plain, with Budweiser, even)
If you exercise so hard in basketball, be sure to eat lots of fiber, and that will make you 20 lbs lighter! I mean it!
Besides your basketball, just WALK. JOG when you can. Again, advise from my Karate Instructor. Whenever you exercise, breathe! Let it in and out! OUT goes the fat!
Of course, if you can find a Hayashi-ha Karate-Do instructor near you, you could get into this intensive anerobic life-style, which you will find is a life-long one. It is not just -Exercise,- or -Self-defense,- it is a moral standing, a higher existance, and a life-long dedication. It-s also saved my life, and made me useful to the benefit of society in general, countless times, in more ways than I can explain here.
Guod Rruck!
i Got so sick that when I would even smell smoke i would fell real sick. Chew lotsa gum. eat drink lotsa water, and when u start craving do something that has you mind focused on what your doing. like make a webpage. also hide your smokes. somewhere where u can-t normaly reach...all helped with my b/f stop smoking
My mom quit smoking a few years ago, and she told me that basically it was a combination of will power and sweets. She first used the chewing gum (I think it was something like Nicorette) to make her stop smoking, and then she substituted smoking one cigarette by eating chocolate. Yes, it did make her gain a few pounds, but she stopped smoking.
I think that you need some will power to stop smoking. Products may work but only to some extent. You need to start thinking, -Smoking is killing me. If I stop, I can live a healthier life.-
If you want to quit smoking I would suggest a hypnotherapy. It works wonders. I have heard SOO many good things, and one of my friends is a hypnotherapist, and not one person in her class has smoked since they have gotten there and done the class. :)
When the doctor took out my left lung.
Give me suggestions of what has worked (or helped) for those of you who have quit smoking? -