Has anyone here quit smoking cold turkey? -

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Has anyone here quit smoking cold turkey? -


if so, what did you do to help?
all the time but you have to cook the turkey then you-l be cool!
J/k
I weaned down to 4 cigs a day, then walked away but I kept sugar free gum and chewed it when I wanted a cig. Stay away from high calorie candies that is part of the weight gain. That and without your taste buds dulled by smoking everything tastes different. Its not only a nicotine addiction but smokers tend to flock and socialize. Being female I found I always got stuck doing the dishes because everyone else went to smoke. Good luck!
3 weeks today for me -cold turkey style
the 1st week i was soooooooooo angry i wanted to hit some thing, heres my tips- keep by your side at all times fat free things to put in your mouth, hold a pen all the time i needed some thing in my hands i tapped it alot, and finally look at web sites they show disturbing photos of what smoking can do to you this was all i needed....3 weeks and going strong
I just started smoking and I-m kicking my *** over it. I-ve heard from many people that getting sick and not having the physical strength to eat let alone light up a smoke helped them quit. Others say pregnancy helps, both women and men quit when their is something at stake. But truthfully, It-s all willpower and if you truly want to quit, You will.
I stopped cold turkey...... i basicly made sure all my cigs were smoked the night before i stopped and woke up in the morning without smoking. Jus carried on with it. I think you have to really want to stop to do it cold turkey, but it worked for me.
My husband used the chewing gum,, nicoret i think they were called. But he swore they helpd him stop compleatly. Good luck =)
I did quit smoking with out any smoking aids, what I did is I replaced cigerettes with joints. when that got to expensive i cut down on that too! it may sound crazy but weed isn-t as addictive as tabacco and its the craving and the motion of smoking that is the hardest to stop!
Yes, joined a gym!
It-s amazing how different your workout will be even if you have one ciggy during the day of the workout!!
If I have a smoke at 9am and workout at 5pm, I can do half as much exercise as if i didn-t smoke at all!!
Give it a week and the breathing benefits are improved massively!!
I did and i-m a 130 pound female. I don-t care what anyone says. It aint hard to stop smoking unless you just don-t have any kind of discipline. I smoked a pack a week for a yr straight anad haven-t smoked a cig in eight months. Im joining the U.S Marines this year and I want bootcamp to be as easy as possible. See? I-m ready. If I can do it you sure as hell can do it. (And your a man for God-s sake)
I have. Heres the #1 secret to quiting smoking: You just do it.

No patches no gums. The only way to quit smoking is to throw the pack away and put it out of your mind. It might take a few tries, but once you have fully quit, you-ll be surprised at how easy it was.
I smoked a little bit when I was with my ex because he smoked... (not that he MADE me, but, I tend to want them if Im around them)
- after I left him I found myself craving them somtimes, but,
just look at it - say, -Im bigger than you- - flush it
Yeah, I have. I had a new boyfriend who had recently quit himself. I remember we mainly had a lot of sex to cover up the cravings.
I did. It was a case of I really wanted to, so I did. I started chewing more gum (ordinary gum). I now totally hate tobacco. I should also point out I has been smoking for -20 years.
I just did not buy any more smokes and smoked herbal cigarettes at first from the health food shop. I just had strong willpower and everytime I felt like a smoke, I had a piece of fruit
yes i want through major with drawles i had the sweets and you get bad headaches not fun but in the end its all wroth it.
i use-t to eat mints that really worked for me good luck
Has anyone here quit smoking cold turkey? -