Quit smoking? -

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Quit smoking? -


i need help. i tried to quit smoking in the past and tried everything with it; gum, patch, ect. i really want to stop but i recently got my class A and i drive semis and i work at night and i know im not going to be able to sleep and my concentration will be lost and i dont really want that to happen while im out there on the road. i hate cigarettes.any help will do. thanks.
I know the feeling been smoking over 50 years ...and Im done..wanted to fit in with the crowd many years ago..and here it is many years later..and I need to fit in with the ever increasing world of non-smokers...I have a chance to live without their control over me and the high cost of purchase. Have had Chantix since 11/07 unopened..but decided to overcome my fear of taking the precription and dealing with a side effect or two...instead of buying two paks of cigs aday and killing myself..pray for my struggle and wish you luck to get off the butts...
If you can afford it, try the prescription medication Chantix. I swear, it-s a freaking miracle drug. I didn-t even have much motivation at all to quit and it took away my desire. I also know quite a few other people who quit because of it, including a woman who smoked 2 packs a day for over 40 years! I recommend it to everyone.
The best way to do it... is to just do it. The first three days are the hardest bc your body is detoxing the chemicles and afterwards it is merely a psychological addiction.

I personally started smoking as a teen around 16 and now at 23 I quit about 2 months ago.

I will admit the first few days were the hardest so I stocked up on Big Red gum and chewed it instead.

The prob with the patch etc. is it still allows the nicotine to be in your body and takes longer to get off it.

I say just suck up some will power and do it! Good luck
I quit 14 months ago.
I talked with my dr who prescribed Chantix. Worked wonders. I didn-t have any urges to smoke and am smokefree!
you need to take the pill or patches or whatever and slowly wean yourself off them and keep taking it fpr like 2 weeks and then after that if u feel the need to smoke put a patch on and wait like 10 minutes and you will feel better
Perhaps the nicorette activestop program might help.
Hey! My mom is trying to quit and she just purchased One Step at a Time cigarette filters. They work by blocking some of the nicotine from your cigarette. Check them out, my mom says her craving are lessening.


http://www.quitsmoking.com/onestep.htm
Quit smoking? -